Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7458 Discussions

BE200 Linux Drivers

o1
Beginner

Good evening,

I'm trying to find linux drivers for my BE200 network adapter but I couldn't seem to find them on the product download page. If I could please have a download link that would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello o1,

Kindly please send us the Linux version that you are using on your system so we can check if there are available drivers.  You may also send us the .txt file of the Intel System Support Utility at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html

Just to confirm, are also  you having any issues with your WIFI connection?

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Fengg
Beginner

Hi Sir, I am also finding linux driver for intel be200. I am using 'Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS'

0 Kudos
jarvaz
Beginner

Hello
I am also searching for the driver for intel be200. I've been using intel chips for years, AC7260, AC8260, AC9260, AX000 then  AX210 and now the be200 but unfortunately this time I arrived too soon and the iwlwifi driver for linux is yet to appear.

Been using some tweaks on the existing drivers but it turns the system unstable and the wifi although connects don't seem to establish a lasting connection and makes me use ethernet most times and usb wifi pens to navigate.

My OS is Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

0 Kudos
jarvaz
Beginner

Noticed in the file I posted that it seem to have no network conection but I sent the file through it. Bu

Captura de ecrã de 2024-02-03 18-11-56.png

t in the settings the wifi driver is named ... intel 100 series/c230 chipset root. the other is a usb wifi pen for test

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello o1,

I am just looking for an update about Linux version that you are using so we can check for available drivers. Please let us so we can further check this request on your system

As for Fengg and jarvaz, I understand that you are also looking for Linux drivers and we want to help you. Kindly please create a new thread so we can focus on your specific problem and provide you with better assistance. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
jarvaz
Beginner

Hello

I did not understood the need for a separate thread for our needs.

I use Pop_OS 22.04 LTS a distro based in Ubuntu with some quircks. The problem is the available driver not be recognized completely - it connects to wifi but lacs stability and can't complete a speeedtest. IT also causes trouble with usb wireless mouses being difficult to use. Disconnecting the wifi allows normal use. Also bluetooth is not recognized as drivers from the previous cards does. It remains unconnected.  

0 Kudos
pmk_mck
Beginner

@RamyerM_Intel - could I view this request from a slightly different angle as I'd like to install my BE200 cards in Linux but I don't have a preference as to which flavour of Linux it is.

Can you say which Linux distro is known to work with the BE200 cards please?

Thank you so much.

Paul

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

While you may seem to have the same issue, every user's issue is different. You have different hardware, different O/S or distro, different driver mix, different driver installation order, etc. and etc. In addition, Intel Customer Support wants to track each user's issue to completion separate from that of any other - and these are tied together by their tracking software. They can't do this if you are a rider on someone else's issue (or worse, attempting to hijack the conversation completely). Please open your own conversation for your issue, using the Post a Question button in the root page for the forum. Include a full description of your issue, the model of your PC/laptop, etc. in your post. You can include a link back to this conversation if you wish - but please don't say 'I have the same issue' because invariably you don't.

If you want to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows (or Intel System Support Utility for Linux). It will provide more information regarding the architecture of your system and what drivers you have installed. When you start the tool, select Everything, and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, in the description for your issue, use the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your question), upload and attach this text file to the post.

…S

0 Kudos
jarvaz
Beginner

Thank for you enlightement but I placed a question in a thread asking about linux drivers for BE2OO and joined a file with my data.

Even if you made a good point I think placing it elswhere will be a waste of ressources because i was only finding strange not being able to find the correct driver for linuz in general although using a compatible kernel and inserting the files I found to be relative to the be200 card.

It's not serious and as I can continue to use the pc I will wait for developements to the drivder and the availability in the Intel linux wireless drivers page.

Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You do yourself a disfavor. Having multiple tickets (conversations) opened for similar (ok, if not same) issue will raise the visibility of an issue and could very well make a difference in the priority and timing of any resolution.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
jarvaz
Beginner

Thank for your help

I think I will rest my case as I found - led by a question of @pmk_mck - some distros will work out of the box... I have to thinker bertter with mine or look elswhere

Found to work well in both wifi and blueooth with my card

Clear Linux Project by .... Intel... kernel 6.7

Linux Mint Cinnamon "EDGE" Edition kernel 6.5

Both used from live usb so they should work after simple install

Thank you

0 Kudos
pmk_mck
Beginner

@jarvaz - it's a pleasure to e-meet you. I looked at the topic title and thought that anyone coming later searching for Linux drivers for BE200 might find a thread titled "BE200 Linux Drivers" to be quite a helpful place to begin. 

Clear Linux that's a great help, I'll try that first as it has a later kernel.

Thank you for being constructive in your post.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello o1, 

We have not heard from you in the past days and as such we will proceed in closing this thread. Please post a new question if you have further questions about the BE200 Linux Drivers as this thread will no longer be monitored

As for jarvaz, pmk_mck, I appreciate that you are interactive in this post and shared links that worked in your system, however, I highly encourage you to create a new thread. As n_scott_pearson have mentioned, this will raise the visibility of the information you are lookin for .This will also prevent you from taking over a whole thread from the original user who posted the issue. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos