i got a Dell Precision notebook with a Dual Band (AC 8260) card from Intel. After upgrading to windows 10 unfortunatly windows does not recognise my card as an bluetooth device anymore.
I already installed the new ProSet and separate Bluetooth driver for the card. Also i already read about this kind of issues - but was not able to fix mine. Any recommandations or step-by-step workarounds/solutions, that i might have missed?
- Dual BandTri Band
We understand that the Bluetooth* component of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 is not working correctly after updating to Windows® 10. Here are a couple things we recommend you to check:
- Confirm that the Bluetooth hardware is enabled, this is normally done with a switch in the PC chassis or with a key combination. This can also be done within windows* Settings.
- Follow these steps to perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth driver for your adapter.
1. As first option, download the driver obtained from the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support, or you can use the generic version from our download center:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26419/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10?pro... Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10
2. Go to Windows* Control Panel - Programs, Uninstall a Program, and Remove Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® (if it is installed).
3. Also in Control Panel, go to Device Manager - Bluetooth, and uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, make sure to mark the option "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older Bluetooth* driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Proceed to install the driver you downloaded before.
Let us know if the issue persists at this point.
unfortunatly your approach did not help. I have an Dell Precision 7510, it does not seem to have a button or switch outside the case to controll the bluetooth adapter.
Also the dual band controller is never listed as bluetooth device. windows seems to completely ignore it has a bluetooth functionality.
Futhermore, in the windows 10 settings -> devices tab, i am missing the "Bluetooth" entry which should be meant to activate bluetooth.
But as the controller is recognised as network card only i cannot help myself. I also checked the bios settings, anything regarding bluetooth seems to be
turned on. I do not have any clue what i can do to get things running.
I also cannot find where to correctly uninstall all drivers, as i removed the intel software as suggested and uninstalled the network card, anyway on each reboot my windows recognises the controller as a wifi controller.
The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 has the WiFi and Bluetooth* components in the same card, however, they are practically independent, it is possible that WiFi will work fine, but Bluetooth may not. They are actually shown as two devices in Windows* Device Manager.
I found a Dell document that mentions how they should look in Device Manager, please check the section Wireless WiFi + Bluetooth Drivers:
For reference, please check the Dell Precision 15 7000 series (7510) Owner's Manual, System setup, System setup options, Table 10: Wireless. This shows the BIOS options related to Bluetooth* in your PC:
Note: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.
If the issue persists, and the Bluetooth component is not detected, you might need to check on this with http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/ Dell Support, consider applying a BIOS update, or any other action they consider necessary.