Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth and Controller Problems

ChanceValle
Novice
ive been having problems with bluetooth and my PS4 controller. What happens is that sometimes when i try turning on the controller and it connects to my laptop, my laptops fans will suddenly start speeding up and get really loud before either crashing, shutting down completely or giving a BSOD (the error that pops up is WHEA_UNCORECTABLE_ERROR). Im sure its not the controller causing the problem because i bought a new one and same thing happens. Should i try uninstalling my bluetooth drivers or roll them back? Pretty worried about the crashing and errors doing serious damage to my laptop.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ChanceValle,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. If you connect other Bluetooth devices to your laptop, do you get the same issue?

3. Is this issue recent?

4. Have you tried with the drivers from the laptop manufacturer?

5. Have you call the laptop manufacturer to check if the issue is related to another component?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ChanceValle
Novice

Hi Deivid, 

Thanks so much for replying!

1.) i'll attach the detailed view text document

2.) its really just the controller i use to connect via Bluetooth. i do use a wireless mouse (Logitech G Pro Wireless) but that comes with a little dongle that i insert in a USB Slot and it works just fine 

3.) Fairly recent. it started happening a little over a month ago. After a windows update i would get this bug wherein the Bluetooth options just seem to disappear from my laptop (like not having the option to turn Bluetooth on or off and when I check device manager i cant see it) but restarting my laptop seems to fix that. 

4.) i have checked drivers from the manufacturer but havent downloaded or reinstalled them out of fear of making things worse 

5.) im pretty sure it isnt a  problem with another component but will get in contact with them just to be sure 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ChanceValle, 

Thank for the information provided, based on that please try the following:

1. Use the laptop manufacturer drivers, since those are customized for your unit.

2. If manufacturer drivers did not work, try with intel drivers. Is important to have both wifi and Bluetooth updated.

- wifi: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30279/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?v=t

- Bluetooth: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30326/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?v=t

- Clean install steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-gigabit-products.html

3. Do you see an error code at the task manager under your Bluetooth and/or wifi adapters?

4. If nothing worked, try a BIOS update with the help of the laptop manufacturer.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ChanceValle,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ChanceValle
Novice

Hi Deivid!

Sorry I forgot to reply. Downloading and installing the latest intel drivers seemed to work! Not really sure why because anytime I checked if they were up to date in device manager it said they were. Currently not experiencing any problems with Bluetooth.  Thanks so much for the help!

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ChanceValle,

Thank you for the update, I am glad to know that you are not having Bluetooth issues with the latest drivers.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos