Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7512 Discussions

Bluetooth compatibility problem with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz module

Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi,

This is about bluetooth retrocompatibility problem with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz integrated module.

I own an HP 15-ep0083nf portable computer equiped with a wireless communication Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz chip integrated to the motherboard. I face problems when trying to connect/couple/associate my bluetooth earphone eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2.

Windows 10 or 11 detectes well the eardots as generic Airpods. But the association/coupling process never ends. So that I am unable to use the eardots with my brand new computer.

However, eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 are perfectly detected and associated with by older generation pc such as Samsung Chronos NP700Z7C or Dell Latitude E5570. They are also perfectly detected by the HP Envy 15" pc equiped with an external UBS generic bluetooth dongle.

That's the reason why I think the heart of the story is a retrocompatility culprit of Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz wireless communication chipset.

Do you know this problem ? Have you heard about it previsouly ? Can you, please, try to help to solve ? That would be great. HP 15-ep0083nf is still under warranty for two months but HP Hewlett Packard manufacturer doesn't help much.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
25 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Gabuzomeuh, 

I understand the situation. In this case, I cannot provide you with unreleased drivers, you will need to wait until it is officially released.

Bear in mind that your laptop works with customized drivers and the manufacturer can delete, add, changes, and block features and drivers depending on their needs. That's why you need to check with them to check compatibility issues.

However, as a test, you can try to connect the headphones to a different laptop with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) to check if the issue persists.

Also, I recommend you to check with the headphones manufacturer for reports and instructions.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi Deivid A.,

I already contacted HP manufacturer of my Envy 15-ep0083nf portable computer. After a long discussion, they finished denying there was a problem with this new machine although it is still covered by warranty. They did not accept to receive the material (computer + earphones) for test. I am a bit angry against them. They do not help anymore.

That is the reason why I was presently looking for a new driver or a new firmware related to the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) wireless chip.

I would be very glad to test my eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphone with a different laptop equiped with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) module. However, I don't know such a model of computer and I haven't one at my disposal.

Eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 are generic earphones and I cannot identify a precise manufacturer, presumably located in China but I don't know where.

Here is the point where I am today. Thank you very much for analysis of this retrocompatibility problem of Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) module and help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Thank you very much, Deivid A.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Gabuzomeuh,

I am sorry to hear about your situation with HP. I will check this situation internally one more time just to double-check the information, however, I do not promise anything.

As soon as I have any details I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Gabuzomeuh, 

Thanks for your patience. In this case, the issue (as you mentioned), may be related to the fact that the headphones are generic and they might not be fully compatible with certain devices like your laptop.

That is why the best action is to check with the manufacturer of the laptop (HP). I am sorry that we can not continue further.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos