I'm using an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Bluetooth adapter and I have the latest bios and the latest drivers installed under Windows 10 64-bit Family, so everything is up to date. Laptop is HP Spectre x360 - 13-4138nf (ENERGY STAR)
I have bluetooth issues since the beginning. I need to reboot like 20 times before it finally appears "ON" in the control panel. I'm familiar with windows and drivers and I really tried every add/remove/update drivers combinations. Intel Wireless Bluetooth Version 18.1.1546.2 is installed but impossible to update the latest 19.00.1621 version : "An error has occured"
When I try the windows command "services.msc" , "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) iBtSiva Service" is OFF and there is nothing I can do to put it "ON". How can I fix it please ? I need bluetooth to pair for music, game controller and for my logitech MX mouse (don't want to use the USB dongle)
Sorry for my english,
Best regards from Paris
Hello, the adapter is the one installed by factory. I only have this laptop since a couple of days.
I've just tried again and the bluetooth service is still disabled and don't appears in the control panel. There is nothing I can do to put it ON except reboot it randomly for 12 or 20 times. And the bluetooth disappear everytime I shut the laptop down or put it on standby mode...
In cases when the adapter comes installed by factory, Intel recommends to obtain the latest drivers from your computer manufacturer first. You may find their contact information here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
As a second option, you're welcome to try a clean installation using our generic drivers. Here is how you can do it.
1. Download and save: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26148/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Thanks again for your support, I've followed the second option above. Every old drivers have been deleted (5) and the latest one have been successfully installed.
> But as you can see in the following screenshot, Bluetooth is still unavailable and don't appears in the Control Panel or in the devices window:
> It only appears in the hidden menu:
> Even though the latest Intel Bluetooth drivers is up to date:
I'm stuck and I really don't understand why the Bluetooth device don't show up ...
In this particular case, could you please try the latest driver for Bluetooth? here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26067/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10
Let us know if it worked for you.