Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Bluetooth stopped working

JRami38
Beginner

Hi

I have an Acer SF514-54T, a few days ago while in use my bluetooth mouse stopped working. I no longer had the bluetooth on/off switch in the windows action centre, nor was I able to turn it on from the bluetooth and other devices settings. I found that it had also disappeared from the device manager entirely even in the hidden settings. Running the bluetooth troubleshooter indicated I had no bluetooth capability.

I then did some searching online and tried several recommended steps to no avail:

1. SFC and DISM scan
  2. Restarting the Bluetooth Support Service in Windows Manager
  3. Resetting my PC

After all these steps the bluetooth is still not found in the device manager. I have seen some recommendations about uninstalling and resinstalling USB drivers but I'm unsure which ones to uninstall and reinstall. I have the bluetooth driver from the manufacturer's support page but when I try to add new hardware and install it, it syas the driver is incompatable. I have exhausted everything I can think of and I stumbled on this forum and now I have a bit of hope someone could help me figure this out. The wifi works and after a bit of investigation I found the bluetooth resides in the module (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz) which lends me hope that it's still recoverable.

Below is my devices information

Laptop Model - Acer SF514-54T Running window 10

Motherboard Manufacturer - IL, Model - Yebisu_IL, Version - V1.13

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did this Wireless card come preinstalled in this laptop? If it did, discuss getting it replaced with Acer (your warranty is from them, not Intel).

...S

0 Kudos