cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CStew4
Beginner

Cannot import ProSet profile from Windows 7 into Windows 10

Hello

I'm trying to import a .p10 profile that we use on all of our Windows 7 ProSet configurations into a new Windows 10 image with a newer version of ProSet. I go to import, get prompted for the password the profile is secured with and then a message "Failed to import the profile". I know I'm using the correct password. Is there a migration tool needed to get this profile to work in Windows 10?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello FrankBlack007,

The Intel® PROSet wireless profile Migration Tool was used to migrate profiles from Windows* XP to Windows* 7, we do not have a tool for Windows* 10.

In this case, we strongly recommend to create a new profile using a matching version of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT administrators which you can find in the following link (the current version for Windows* 10 is 19.30.0):

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software

Please try to do this and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Jonathan.
CStew4
Beginner

I was able to install the latest version but there doesn't seem to be a connection utility - I only see an ability to administer a profile (creates an executable instead of a .p10 file) and when I try to connect with the native Windows 10 I get 'can't connect to this network' - this is after installing the executable on the laptop (Dell Latitude E7470).

Is there a link where I can obtain the old connection utility with the green funnel?

idata
Community Manager

Hello FrankBlack007,

We would like to inform that if a wireless profile worked in Windows* 7, you can import it to Windows® 10 and should work fine. We actually tested this and had no problems, so there may be a problem with the profile you are using.

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software WiFi Connection Utility is not compatible with Windows® 10, the features available with this OS version are different from previous Windows* releases. You can find information about this in the document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007149.html Feature Comparison for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Enterprise.

The PROset tools do no have a way to export a single profile in Windows® 10, however, you can create a package file (exe) that already includes the profiles you need. Keep in mind that Windows® 10 includes its own tools (netsh commands) to manage wireless connections, and the actions that can be performed with our tools are limited in this Operating System.

Regards,

Jonathan.
idata
Community Manager

Hello FrankBlack007,

Feel free to let us know in case you have additional questions about this topic.

Regards,

Jonathan.