Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Centrino Ultimate N6300 AGN drops connections

JKing16
Beginner

Hi!

Today it worked for almost 5 hours.

Then the connection was dropped and Windows 8 reported "limited" connectivity.

I use the latest drivers.

Got Events 8000, 5002, 5005 and 5070 errors which are not explained as :

The description for Event ID 5002 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP59

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

If you have a whip please convene you developer team and harass them to solve this problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
88 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

mcrownover, I see you created a new thread for your issue. Let's keep working on that one since this discussion deals with a different issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
NMALZ
Beginner

Hello, I tested versions 16.11.0, 15.9.0.5, 14.2.0.10 and 14.0.1.2.

Only the 14.0.1.2 version works fine with all wireless routers I tested with my LENOVO T420 equipped with the wireless card Intel Centrino Ultimate N6300 AGN

The fix for me consisted of a few things:

1. uninstall intel pro/set software

2. in device manager uninstall all versions of drivers Centrino Ultimate N6300 AGN and check the optional box for removing the drivers as well. (do it as many times as necessary)

3. extract the intel 14.0.1.2 drivers (only drivers)

4. Launch device manager again

4. in device manager right click your computer at the top of window and select scan for hardware changes and the 'network controller' with a yellow warning icon should appear. Right click 'network controller' and select update driver.

5. in driver window select browse my pc for files and navigate to the location where you un-zipped the 14.0.1.2 drivers files/folder.

6. Install drivers

SRose6
Beginner

I am having a heck of a time trying to get the N6300AGN to stay connected to my wireless router. I have this card in all my laptops (Dell E6410, 2 Dell 6340u) and no matter what, all will drop the connection - sometimes frequently, sometimes sporadically. I have tried 3 Wireless routers (DLink DI-624, DLink DIR-655, and now an ASUS RT-N66U) and all are dropped. I have tried multiple driver versions (Dell and straight Intel) to no avail. I have tried all sorts of setting changes to no avail (both in the laptop and on the routers). Now I am running the 15.13.0.2 drivers (I don't use the PRO SW). I have not tried the straight Windows default drivers or the 14.0.1.2 drivers mentioned above.

Another quirk- the Dell 6430u sees the 2.4 and 5.0 wireless signal BUT the E6410 only sees the 2.4 wireless signal. I have duplicated the settings (including the advanced settings) between the two machines and made sure that all three antenna wires are connected in both machines.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I need solid connections and this is driving me crazy.

Thanks

steve

0 Kudos
KBol
Novice

Hi. i have an intel nuc

BOXD54250WYK2 CORE I5-4250U with intel centrino ultimate n6300. i run windows 7 home 64 bit. please tell me which driver to install so that the centrino will not drop connections. please.
0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Override431,

Please check the response posted in the new thread you have created:

0 Kudos