Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Code 10 for Wifi AC7265 Windows 11

hrasadi
Beginner

I followed all the steps and instructions provided in Intel Wireless bluetooth driver error code 10 - Intel Communities but still getting a Code 10 error. 

I attached the output of SSU.exe just in case as well.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hrasadi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Is this issue present with both drivers (Intel and your computer manufacturer)?

3. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? What is the brand and model name of the laptop or motherboard (if desktop)?

4. Have you reported this issue to the computer manufacturer?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
hrasadi
Beginner

Hi,

Answered inline:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

> This was not a pre-installed component. This is a custom-build computer and there is no manufacturer.

2. Is this issue present with both drivers (Intel and your computer manufacturer)?

> Since it's a custom-build, there is no manufacturer driver. But I tried both Microsoft Win11 default drivers and the intel drivers available to download.

3. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? What is the brand and model name of the laptop or motherboard (if desktop)?

> It's a desktop compute. The motherboard is ASRock AB350M Pro4.

4. Have you reported this issue to the computer manufacturer?

> N/A

As a side, I should mention that I also have a Linux Mint installed on this computer that recognizes this adapter automatically and works with no issue. That's how I know that the device itself is not faulty or incompatible with the hardware.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hrasadi, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Before we proceed, I would like to confirm the following information:

1. Have you updated to the latest BIOS version 7.20? If you have not, I recommend you check with ASRock since they have a warning about this version.

2. Just to confirm, do you have Bristol Ridge and Summit Ridge processors? These processors are not supported by Windows 11 and may affect the computer's performance.

3. Did you perform a cold reboot after installing the drivers? This refers to fully shutting down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering. If you have not, please try to reinstall the drivers and perform a cold reboot.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
hrasadi
Beginner

Hi,

I have confirmed that the BIOS is actually at version 7.20 (see the attached snapshot from the system information). I don't believe the CPU is a Bristol Ridge or Summit Ridge. Ryzen 5 5600G is a Zen 3 class.

I have performed the cold boot / clean installation process several times. It doesn't have an effect in this case.

sysinfo.png

0 Kudos
TheLinenHouse
Beginner

I have a system with onboard Intel Wireless-AC 7265 in a MSI Z97I Gaming-AC board running Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 with Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 (Tried leaving this on and disabled it still the same thing) it refuses to connect to wireless that iphone, ipad, and other Windows 10 machines connect to just fine.

Getting the error message:

Have tried different Intel drivers and software but the moment the Intel driver is installed Windows 10 cannot discover any wireless networks at all not even hotspot made from any smartphone.

Tried drivers:
WiFi_20.80.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe (Driver and Software)
WiFi_20.80.0_Driver64_Win10.zip (Driver only)

together with version 18 and 17 does the same thing any the wireless doesn't have an error code in Windows 10 it all looks normal undet Device Manager --> Network Adapters.

Clean and uninstalled all Intel Bluetooth, Proset/wireless even though Device manager, deleted Device driver packages but no driver want to work only the Intel Wireless-AC 7265 that Microsoft has built into Windows 10 works so it can discover wireless networks.

Last tried to reset network in Windows 10 under Windows Settings --> Network and Internet --> Network reset --> Reset now it doesn't help, also tried disabling Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol and Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver no change.

So a little help would be really nice if it's not just Microsoft's elf's who is a play here.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hrasadi, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like to investigate internally this issue and to proceed I will need an updated report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

@TheLinenHouse , thanks for your comment. Feel free to try the steps provided on this thread or you can open a new one to get proper support for you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hrasadi, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hrasadi, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Also, I recommend you check with Microsoft to confirm that there are no compatibility issues with the operating system and the custom build.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos