Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7458 Discussions

Confusion on drivers and dates

stlsailor
Novice

I am a bit confused. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit.

Device Manager show the current Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 driver as 8/7/2023 22.250.1.2.

Avast Driver Updater says the latest version is 9/5/2023 23.0.5.7.

The Intel Driver download page show 9/12/2023 22.250.1.2.

1. Why does a lower numbered version have a later date than a higher numbered version? In fact, there seems to be three different dates for two different driver numbers.
  2. Why does Avast show a higher numbered version than the Intel site?

Device Manager says I have the latest 23.0.5.7.

Avast Update says I don't have the latest 23.0.5.7. Instead it says I have 22.250.1.2.

Intel Driver Download page shows the latest as being 22.250.1.2, not 23.0.5.7.

Just trying to understand. I'm having a few problems and trying to be sure all my drivers are up to date to rule them out as the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello stlsailor, 

I am following up because I want to know if you have any other questions or if the information provided was helpful for you.

If you need further support, just let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello stlsailor, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that the information provided about the driver's dates is a bit confusing. I will do my best to clarify it.

In this case, Intel cannot comment on 3rd party tools information, I recommend you get in contact with Avast to get further details.

The latest driver officially released by Intel for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is 22.250.0. However, for the Bluetooth, the release date is 9/12/2023 (as you mentioned), but for the Wi-Fi is 7/28/2023. Seems that the device manager is showing the moment when the Wi-Fi driver was installed on your device. 

I recommend getting in contact with Microsoft to get more details about the device manager dates and information.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello stlsailor, 

I am following up because I want to know if you have any other questions or if the information provided was helpful for you.

If you need further support, just let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
stlsailor
Novice

My screen seemed to scroll at an inopportune moment. I was going to mark your original response as the answer, David. I don't see that I can correct that, but if you can, go ahead.

Dale

stlsailor
Novice

Thanks for following up, David. It is a puzzle why different sources show different values. But I am comfortable now I have the latest drivers, so that is what I was after. I'll mark your response as the answer since it satisfied my reason for posting, and I'm not sure the broader picture has an answer since multiple companies are involved.

Best wishes,

Dale

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello stlsailor, 

Thanks for your response. I do appreciate your comprehension of this matter, I would like to let you know I will close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos