cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Details about the 9260 vs 9560?

Hello,

Recently got a new PC and I bought the MSI Z390 Tomahawk Motherboard. Upon building it I noticed there was an m.2 slot for these wifi cards. I don't really know much about them and couldn't find a place that had all my answers or only partial answers. But I want to use my bluetooth headphones with my PC now that I am aware of this slot.

Don't care so much about the wifi because I'm wired in, but the bluetooth would be nice. My motherboard says it supports CNVi, which I believe the 9560 has. What is the difference? And can I still use the 9260 with this motherboard? The 9260 is easier to get my hands on where I live.

Lastly, are these as easy as just plugging in and installing drivers? Any other steps necessary?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello MAhn2, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. The integrated Intel® Wireless-AC solution moves key elements of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Technology into Intel® processors. The solution is composed of: -CNVi, the integrated wireless IP portion of Intel processors -A companion RF (CRF) module in M.2 form factor (2230 and 1216 Soldered Down) These Intel® Wireless Adapters are CRF modules that support the integrated Intel Wireless-AC: -Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 -Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 -Intel® Wireless-AC 9461 Furthermore, they currently only support certain processors and can only be used on systems/motherboards that is specifically designed to support it: -Select 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors based on Coffee Lake -Intel® Pentium® Silver processors based on Gemini Lake -Celeron® processors based on Gemini Lake Depending on the design, a M.2 socket may support both the CNVi and standard M.2 Key A or E for Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. We recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer to check if it is designed to support both the CNVi and generic M.2 Key A or E socket modules. You can also refer to these support web links to get more information about these wireless adapters: Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 Product Brief https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-9560-brief.html Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 Product Brief https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-9260-brief.html Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello MAhn2, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello MAhn2, Were you able to review the information posted on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos