Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Detect SR300 gestures on Android or iOS devices wirelessly

MMoha17
Novice

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to detect hand gestures wirelessly (WiFi or Bluetooth) from a Realsense camera and see the output in an android or iOS device.

Basically I would like to control a robot with the Realsense camera (SR300). I would like to use an android or iOS device a wireless tool to transmit this gestures to the robot. May I know if it is possible.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst I do not recall someone creating a project exactly the same as yours, there were a number of people on the former RealSense forum who used mini-boards such as the Intel Edison board in conjunction with a RealSense camera to do tasks that were not supported by the RealSense SDK on its own. A mini-board would be likely to be your best chance of interfacing with a smartphone in this way (Edison supports both wi-fi and Bluetooth).

Here's a useful guide to interfacing RealSense with an Edison board. It may give you some useful insights about how to take your project forward.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-realsense-technology-in-combination-with-the-intel-edison-development-platform Using an Intel® RealSense™ 3D Camera with the Intel® Edison Development Platform | Intel® Software

The guide references the older F200 camera. SR-300 is the next-generation replacement for the F200, so the details in the article should still be relevant.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst I do not recall someone creating a project exactly the same as yours, there were a number of people on the former RealSense forum who used mini-boards such as the Intel Edison board in conjunction with a RealSense camera to do tasks that were not supported by the RealSense SDK on its own. A mini-board would be likely to be your best chance of interfacing with a smartphone in this way (Edison supports both wi-fi and Bluetooth).

Here's a useful guide to interfacing RealSense with an Edison board. It may give you some useful insights about how to take your project forward.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-realsense-technology-in-combination-with-the-intel-edison-development-platform Using an Intel® RealSense™ 3D Camera with the Intel® Edison Development Platform | Intel® Software

The guide references the older F200 camera. SR-300 is the next-generation replacement for the F200, so the details in the article should still be relevant.

0 Kudos