Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Does any single board computer (like Raspberry Pi or any other in that class) support the Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 module? I'm interested in the 802.11ad (or WiGig) operation of the module.

GDjuk
Beginner

By support I mean that it has an appropriate M.2 connector and that Linux driver for the module can be installed and that it operates.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GDjuk, Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. However, since Raspberry Pi and the like are development boards/kits, there is no compatibility for Intel® Wireless Adapters. For more information, we also recommend contacting the board forums. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The AC17265 was for the Windows OS and is now discontinued.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/86451/intel-tri-band-wireless-ac-17265.html

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GDjuk, Also, to obtain accurate information about Intel® Wireless Adapters support on 3rd party motherboards (Raspberry Pi), we recommend contacting the motherboard or system manufacturer to review the system specifications and obtain further support if installation is required. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GDjuk
Beginner
Well, this is a nice response, but completely useless. I have already contacted some single-board computer manufacturers, but wanted to hear about Intel’s experience and I’m not getting what I was hoping for. Sincerely, I expected more from Intel. Goran
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GDjuk, Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. However, since Raspberry Pi and the like are development boards/kits, there is no compatibility for Intel® Wireless Adapters. For more information, we also recommend contacting the board forums. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos