Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Driver Intel Centrino Wireless N100

li24
Beginner

Hello all together,

I try to help a friend because of connection trouble after installing a new router.

I'm looking for a recent driver version, I saw a list with different drivers but I'm not sure which would be the correct one for Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for your help :)!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I looked at what pricing is for wireless dongles. Here's what I found:

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The N100 is so old that Intel never provided native driver support for Windows 10. All is not lost, however; Microsoft includes a compatibility driver (a port of the final Windows 8.x driver that Intel released) inbox in Windows 10. Your N100 should be automatically detected and this driver installed when you are installing Windows 10.

Hope this helps,
...S

0 Kudos
li24
Beginner

Thanks a lot n_scott,

Windows 10 is already installed and yes, unfortunately the N100 is too old. The notebook of my friend is an older ASUS and on the ASUS page I can still find the model but no more corresponding driver download.

As the router is the Fritzbox 6660 Cable I communicated with the hotline, they tried to give me some help, but it didn't work till now.

Just bad luck!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to this page: Supported Operating Systems for Intel Wireless Products, an inbox driver is provided and it should be automatically loaded when Windows 10 is installed. If you open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters section, do you see an entry for this device?

Oh, wait. Brain f@rt. This isn't going to work regardless. Because this adapter and its driver are so old, it doesn't have the fix necessary for compatibility with WiFi 6 routers. It simply isn't going to detect your router.

Sorry, you'll have to resort to a USB WiFi adapter.

...S

0 Kudos
li24
Beginner

Thanks again n_scott,

I looked first of all a few days before at the device manager to see the installed driver date. That makes me look (and hope) for a newer version on the ASUS or Intel website.

And yes, you are so right, it's so old that I told my friend, we got to have an USB WiFi adapter, if she wants to go on with this "oldie".

Thumbs up for your help!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I looked at what pricing is for wireless dongles. Here's what I found:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
li24
Beginner

WOW, what a support ! Thank you for the links, n_scott!!!

0 Kudos