Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7462 Discussions

Driver Support Assistant - expedited installation

Boesman
Beginner

The DSA driver installation process is unnecessarily onerous and can be streamlined.

E.g. to install the updated Bluetooth driver required about 8 clicks just to select an update using the Typical profile.

AFAIK the MSI platform allows for command line parameters to bypass prompts and run using all the default options.

Can Intel please make this available as a DSA option to allow drivers to be installed using streamlined defaults? Perhaps this could only be for driver UPDATES i.e. new app installs should still be interactive.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Boesman,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

We appreciate your feedback and comments related to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA). I have submitted your recommendation and we will evaluate it and make the changes if it is approved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Boesman,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

We appreciate your feedback and comments related to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA). I have submitted your recommendation and we will evaluate it and make the changes if it is approved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Boesman,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Boesman
Beginner

Thank you, that's the best I could hope for.
I look forward to more efficient driver updates in the future.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Boesman, 

Happy to hear that I have help you with your request, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos