Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Dual band 7260 but can't connect to 5ghz?

jms
Beginner

I just got a new router that is 5ghz compatible but im unable to connect to it from my laptop.I have connected with my phone to it,but not my laptop. When i went to the intel driver utility, it says that my wireless card is a 'Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260' and from reading thought it was 5ghz compatible. Have the most current driver and everything.

Driver : Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260

Vendor : Intel Corporation

Provider : Intel

Date : 7/21/2014

Version : 17.1.0.19

INF file : C:\Windows\INF\oem42.inf

Files : 3 total

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\Netwbw02.sys

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\Netwfw02.dat

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vwifibus.sys

Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver

Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n

FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes

802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes

Hosted network supported : Yes

Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:

Open None

Open WEP-40bit

Open WEP-104bit

Open WEP

WPA-Enterprise TKIP

WPA-Enterprise CCMP

WPA-Personal TKIP

WPA-Personal CCMP

WPA2-Enterprise TKIP

WPA2-Enterprise CCMP

WPA2-Personal TKIP

WPA2-Personal CCMP

Open Vendor defined

Authentication and cipher supported in ad-hoc mode:

Open None

Open WEP-40bit

Open WEP-104bit

Open WEP

WPA2-Personal CCMP

Am i wrong that this isn't a 5ghz compatible card?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Nothing's wrong. Your laptop is just equipped with single band "Intel Wireless-N 7260" instead of "Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260"

Intel updated utility is still messed up and can't determine which version of 7260 so it always say you have Intel 7260AC regardless. Windows gathers information from the actual inf driver files and the Hardware ID and it detected that you're running the Single Band N 7260

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Nothing's wrong. Your laptop is just equipped with single band "Intel Wireless-N 7260" instead of "Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260"

Intel updated utility is still messed up and can't determine which version of 7260 so it always say you have Intel 7260AC regardless. Windows gathers information from the actual inf driver files and the Hardware ID and it detected that you're running the Single Band N 7260

0 Kudos
jms
Beginner

Thanks for clearing that up. I was really hoping it was capable of 5ghz but maybe ill get the upgraded card eventually and swap it.

0 Kudos