Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

I'm having trouble installing wireless driver. Installation Blocked: This version can not upgrade form the current older product. Please uninstall the older product manually. - not sure where to find it to uninstall and reinstall??

SEtte
Beginner

I thought I was only updating the wireless driver but now wonder if I need to find and uninstall the entire Intel PROSet/Wireless Software??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

I don't know what is your computer model and/or the Wireless Adapter model. Any way the way to uninstall is similar to any model if you are using Windows 10 and Intel Wireless Adapter.

Disable the Internet (or disconnect the ethernet cable). Open Windows Settings, click on Apps. Next click on Apps & futures and you will see on R.H. panel, list of installed applications. Click on Intel Wireless Bluetooth and then on Uninstall (see the image attached.) After the driver is removed, install the new driver, downloaded earley. Reconnect the internet connection.

Leon

0 Kudos
SEtte
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. I got it working, I was able to update the PROSet software from my Control Panel>Programs

0 Kudos