After updating to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and 7 on diffrent computers I have lost the Bluetooth remote function that let me stream music from my phone to my computer. Is there any way to get it back or am i stuck waiting for slow driver updates from intel since I saw this happened with windows 8 awhile back in an older thread and i guess they finally fixed it sooner or alter since it worked on windows 8.1 for me.
Thank you for your observation. We are going to check on this and get back to you as soon as possible.
Could please inform what driver version you have currently installed?
Intel recommends that you check with your computer OEM in order to obatain the latest drivers.
As a second option, you can try our generic driver version 18.21.0 found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 File Name: Wireless_18.21.0_e164.exe
As for the Bluetooth*, you can try this one: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25172/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-Technol... Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (WP)
Do the following:
1. Download and save the software above:
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Then, proceed to installing the software.
Could you please inform what it is exactly you are trying to do?
How do you intend to use the phone connected via Bluetooth*?
Is this issue occuring only with the phone?
I'm streaming music from my phone to my PC and controlling it from my PC as well. I was able to do it on windows 7 and 8.1 no problems. After updating to windows 10 all the services that let me do that disappeared.
Microsoft has no A2DP profile for Bluetooth in Windows 10. All this talk about "support' from both Microsoft and Intel is nonsense. One of these companies needs to actually INCLUDE the profiles in a driver. My ASUS BT-211 Bluetooth dongle with a 4 1/2 year old driver that I use in my Windows Vista desktop has a full range of bluetooth profiles. Meanwhile Intel and Microsoft just tell you to 'update the driver' and then when that will not resolve anything, just point fingers at each other.