Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Intel 9560 Wireless LAN question

adelpit
Novice

I need an Intel 9560 Wireless LAN, M.2 2230 ff (or equivalent).

Intel offers two models, 9560NGW; and 9560NGWR rated at 80Mhz. Are these two products interchangeable? What is the difference, practically speaking, in a typical home computer setting?

The Intel product information page says this product should retail around $7-$14. I'm only finding it online in the $19-$26 range. Is there a newer, less expensive equivalent I should consider?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vegan
New Contributor I

depending on the machine most should be fine unless there is a BIOS restriction which is sadly all too common

I have some older Lenovo machines and fixed BIOS ROMs are readily available

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello adelpit,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To provide you with more details:

9560NGW R: 802.11ac wave2, 2x2, 80MHz, Bluetooth® 5.1, PCIe, USB, M.2 2230

9560NGW: 802.11ac wave2, 2x2, Bluetooth® 5.1, PCIe, USB, M.2 2230  

Those are the Model Number and version, so you can see the differences between them. Regarding the price, at Intel* we do not sell the products directly, so we cannot confirm the specific amount. But we can recommend you to contact our authorized distributors and suppliers, they may provide you with more details about it.

Please visit the below websites:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/find-a-reseller.html

However, our best recommendation is to contact the equipment manufacturer of the motherboard/device where you will locate the wireless card, the system may not recognize new hardware when you install an Intel® Wireless Adapter for several reasons.

• Manufacturer limitations: Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters, causing an installation error when booting with a different, previously installed wireless adapter. We recommend contacting the manufacturer, vendor, or place of purchase about availability and support for Intel Wireless Adapter upgrades. Laptop manufacturers must meet regulatory requirements to determine if you can install the Intel Wireless Adapter in your system.
  • Regulatory issues: We do not recommend installing or upgrading the various Intel Wireless Adapters. Replacing an adapter associated with specific wireless software and a different adapter type may cause connection issues or software error messages. For example, if you replace a Wi-Fi/WiMAX adapter with a Wi-Fi adapter, you may receive WiMAX error messages and lose connectivity to the WiMAX network.
  • Driver limitations: Your computer manufacturer can customize drivers and software to enable or alter features or provide improved operation on your computer. Contact the manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos