2 new laptops both with AC7265 adapters. My wireless router, a d-Link DIR-625 is not shown in the list of available wireless connections on either laptop. Many other connections are showing as being available, but not my home router. I am a networking novice but here is what I have tried already:
- Confirmed latest adapter driver is installed (22.214.171.124)
- Confirmed router compatibility with Windows 8.1 per Microsoft site.
- Confirmed other devices (so far android tablets, Windows 7 and Windows XP) can see and connect to router
- Confirmed latest firmware is installed in router.
- Notebook distance from router does not help
- I've power cycled router, reset router to factory defaults, removed router security
- I've rebooted notebook after each change.
- Confirmed router is set to "visible"
Any help or ideas greatly appreciated. Would hate to have to send these notebooks back.