Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel AX200/201

Bob81
Beginner

Hello,

Looks we are not alone with issue with Intel AX200/201 wifi card and our enterprise wifi network.

The issue occurs when there's a re-authentication/roaming scenario. They successfully roamed in the wireless controller, but the client lose all IP connectivity.

Sometimes the issue come back by itself roughly 30s after, sometime we need to manually disconnect from the wifi network and connect back.

Windows says "connected no internet secured"

We are having the issue on Dell/Hp/Lenovo laptop all using AX200 or 201 NIC.

We got the issue even with the latest driver... so far the only driver that works is 22.30.0.11

This occurs on two differents SSID one using TEAP and the other using PEAP.

On the PEAP SSID the problems occurs less frequently than on the TEAP SSID.

Security: WPA2-Enterprise /w certificate validation - TEAP

Any idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Bob81, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptops?

How many laptops are affected?

What is the model of the Router?

Are those new laptops?

Were they working fine before?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the wireless driver, that might cause this issue?

The wireless cards, were they purchased separately, or did they come installed on the computers?

Does the problem happen only in the work environment or also at home?

Please attach the SSU report, from at least one of the machines, so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Robbinsf
Novice

We are having the same issues in our enterprise.  I don't think the scenarios are much different.  There are several users here posting that they have very similar issues regardless of the wireless environment when using ax200/201 cards. 

We are seeing exactly what @Bob81  and @svenables is seeing in their environment in our offices.  We see this in our offices using Aruba APs with controllers as well as in our offices Using Aerohive/Extreme APs in a controllerless environment.  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Bob81, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
svenables
Novice

Hi All  we have been having the same issue  with a number of Dell Notebooks Running the AX201/211 network cards.

The issue is more prevalent on Windows 11 .  We have tried the Dell and Intel drivers with no success.

However I do believe I found what is  causing the issue.  We have An enterprise Aruba Platform On AP-315 Models AP's. It is controller based running Firmware 6.5...23.

when a user roams from one access point to the other , Something breaks in the roaming . We start seeing  ping timeouts to the gateway and latency starts building on the ping responses to a point where nothing works. you need to disable WiFi and enable it to start working again.

When I disable the 802.11 r Protocol it works better , we only loose a single ping , but the Ping Packets and latency doesn't increase.

We have other Notebooks that work perfectly when the 802.11r Protocol is on and seamlessly  roam without an issue.  

Windows 10 you should be able to get it working with 802.11r on a very old driver.  Windows 11 I have not been able to get working on any driver.  But this is definitely the 802.11r Protocol that is the issue on these drivers.

svenables
Novice

Hi All  we have been having the same issue  with a number of Dell Notebooks Running the AX201/211 network cards.

The issue is more prevalent on Windows 11 .  We have tried the Dell and Intel drivers with no success.

However I do believe I found what is  causing the issue.  We have An enterprise Aruba Platform On AP-315 Models AP's. It is controller based running Firmware 6.5...23.

when a user roams from one access point to the other , Something breaks in the roaming . We start seeing  ping timeouts to the gateway and latency starts building on the ping responses to a point where nothing works. you need to disable WiFi and enable it to start working again.

When I disable the 802.11 r Protocol it works better , we only loose a single ping , but the Ping Packets and latency doesn't increase.

We have other Notebooks that work perfectly when the 802.11r Protocol is on and seamlessly  roam without an issue.  

Windows 10 you should be able to get it working with 802.11r on a very old driver.  Windows 11 I have not been able to get working on any driver.  But this is definitely the 802.11r Protocol that is the issue on these drivers.

0 Kudos
Robbinsf
Novice

which driver did you end up using?

0 Kudos
svenables
Novice

Hi All  

Just to add , This is only when Using Radius  Authentication , Its does not happen when using 802.11 r with pre-shared key

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

svenables, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Bob81, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos