Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel AX200 Wi-Fi adapter not working in Ubuntu 18.04

SchoolBusesC2
Beginner

After installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, in settings it says Wi-Fi adapter not found. However, bluetooth still works. My Wi-Fi card is an Intel AX200. I have installed the firmware from Intel's website (by copying it into /lib/firmware). According to the instructions, after copying the file I should load the driver which I did by doing "sudo modprobe iwlwifi". Also I am running kernal 5.6.0 which is above the minimum kernal on the Intel website, and Wi-Fi works in Windows 10 (which I have in dual boot right now).

After runnning "dmesg | grep iwlwifi," I get the following:

[ 4.126373] iwlwifi 0000:06:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) [ 4.206832] iwlwifi: probe of 0000:0f:00.0 failed with error -110

This is what I get when running lspci -nnk | grep 0280 -A3:

06:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0084] (rev 1a) Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0084] Kernel modules: iwlwifi

If there is anything else I need to run please tell me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SchoolBusesC2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are having issues with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 using UBUNTU® 18.04 LTS but the device is working fine with Windows® 10.

Linux drivers are part of the upstream Linux* kernel. They're available through the regular channels, distributions, or the Linux* kernel archives

In this case, we kindly recommend you to check with the Linux Ubuntu* forum and their documentation for proper driver installation instructions and additional suggestions.

Also, for general questions about Intel Wi-Fi on Linux, email linuxwifi@intel.com.

To report a bug or issue, follow the guidance on the bugs and support page.

For more information, please refer to the Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
SchoolBusesC2
Beginner

I have updated to the latest kernal and installed the firmware.

0 Kudos