Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7470 Discussions

Intel BE200 card drivers in linux distro

jarvaz
Beginner

Hello

I open this thread to share my findings about linux drivers for the Intel BE200 for Wiifi7.

I started by asking for support about its lack in Pop_OS - I use it regularly but don't seem to be capable to make it totally support teh card (bluetooth not active and wifi malfunctioning)

After some research I found some distros working "out of the box"

In live mode:

Linux Mint Edge - linuxmint-21.3-cinnamon-64bit-edge

Clear Linux Project by Intel - clear-40830-live-desktop

After install:

Fedora Linux Workstation 39 - Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-39-1.5

ElementaryOS 7.1 Horus - stable - elementaryos-7.1-stable.20230926rc

OpenSUSE Thumbleweed DVD x86_64 - openSUSE-Tumbleweed-DVD-x86_64-Snapshot20240216-Media

Other distros will update soon including "my own" Pop_OS but in the mean time the lack of bluetooth made me make some changes

hope to be of help

by adding the firmware manually or after updating the install

iwlwifi-gl-c0-fm-c0-86.ucode
iwlwifi-gl-c0-fm-c0.pnvm

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, jarvaz.

Thank you for posting in our Intel Communities. We appreciate your feedback and sharing your findings about the Linux drivers for the Intel BE200. 

I'm curious about where you got these distros:

In live mode:

Linux Mint Edge - linuxmint-21.3-cinnamon-64bit-edge

Clear Linux Project by Intel - clear-40830-live-desktop

After install:

Fedora Linux Workstation 39 - Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-39-1.5

ElementaryOS 7.1 Horus - stable - elementaryos-7.1-stable.20230926rc

OpenSUSE Thumbleweed DVD x86_64 - openSUSE-Tumbleweed-DVD-x86_64-Snapshot20240216-Media

Could you please send us some links or files showing the information you provided? This will help us properly document your findings and improve our products and services."

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Jarvaz,

We are checking in with you on the Linux drivers for the Intel BE200 for Wiifi7 concern that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, jarvaz.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Maiden
Beginner

Here is the link to Linux Mint 21.3 Edge Cinnamon 64bit, I use it and have the BE200 also, you can look up the rest he mentioned yourself, there's this brand new thing called Google Search that can help you with that.

https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=314

0 Kudos