Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7481 Discussions

Intel Gaming Controller

eg0re1980
Beginner

Ok I got the full Intell wireless set and got the keyboard and mouse to work with the connector, but I can't get the gaming controller to work. I've bought a external DVD drive to try and run the install disk but when I install, I keep getting the message. "This product requires a Universal Serial Bus (USB) but no USB support was found on your computer. Setup will exit now." Running a i5 14600k on a MAG B760M Mortar WIFI II. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hi eg0re1980

I'm here to assist you, and I understand the inconvenience caused by the difficulties with your gaming controller. To ensure we can provide you with the most accurate support, could you please share some additional details?

1. Could you specify the brand and model of your gaming controller?

2. What is the model number of your wireless card?

3. Is your gaming controller connected via a USB port or through a wireless/Bluetooth connection?

4. It would be beneficial if you could provide the Intel® System Support Utility Logs from your computer. This information will allow us to thoroughly review your system's configuration. If you're comfortable, please attach the logs to your response in this thread.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
eg0re1980
Beginner
Yeah it is a little out there, it's the intel wireless controller. I wish it would let me upload a picture, Intel is the manufacturer of the keyboard, mouse, game controller, and wireless receiver package. These were all released in 2000. Like I said I can get the keyboard and mouse to connect just not the controller.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can always go back to Win98 and get it working.   Really, 24 years ago and you expect it to work?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
eg0re1980
Beginner
Hey got the keyboard and mouse to work, was just checking to see if Intel knew a work around for the controller. I don't have high hopes but it never hurts to ask.
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hi eg0re1980

Thank you for your response. It appears that the product in question may be one of our earlier products, which we have discontinued. Nonetheless, we're here to assist you. If you could kindly provide a photo of the game controller, we would be able to examine it and explore the available options. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hi eg0re1980

Thank you for your prompt reply and the link you have provided. Rest assured, we will conduct a comprehensive review of this issue and inform you of any developments here in this thread.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hi eg0re1980,

After a comprehensive review, it appears that the product in question does not fall under our Wireless card category. Our extensive search did not yield any related information within our database, suggesting that the item may be classified as an accessory or peripheral. The minimum system requirements identified for this product are:

• Operating System: Windows 98 or Windows 98SE

• Connectivity: An available USB port

• Disk Drive: CD-ROM or DVD drive

Given these specifications, we recommend reaching out to the retailer where the product was purchased, or the computer's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), for further assistance regarding the operating system and USB port compatibility. It seems that the device is designed exclusively for Windows 98 or 98SE, and the concerns raised may pertain to USB connection and compatibility issues.

Should you require additional support or have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here to help and appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
eg0re1980
Beginner
Well, thank you for trying, I kinda guessed it would not work but it was worth a shot.
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hi eg0re1980,

You're most welcome! I'm glad you gave it a try, and I'm here to help with any other questions or issues you might have. Sometimes, taking a chance is the first step towards finding a solution. Furthermore, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for understanding!

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
Ajika
Beginner

Hi I know I may be a little late to the party but I just got the base station and controller today.  I was able to install the software by right-clicking the installer->properties and setting the compatibility mode to Windows 98

0 Kudos
eg0re1980
Beginner
I'll try it again, which windows OS are you running 10 or 11. Maybe with all the new updates compatibility will work this time for me.
0 Kudos