I don't even know where to begin this card or the drivers have been a huge pain and i cant find whats causing the problem
I'm running windows 10 driver version is 126.96.36.199 im upgrading to 18.33.0 to see if this will solve the issue
My problem is this ill randomly get disconnected from wifi and sometimes it will take days or hours it just seems to happen at random it will even freeze my laptop sometimes so it restarts itself
If you connect the wifi and hit airplane mode then turn airplane mode off the wifi wont work until a restart is done then everything works just fine
Also connecting to another wireless network causes the card to not respond to any request until a restart also it will freeze task manager and
Ive checked on the asus forums no one has any solution and no one else is having this problem.
When you go here Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center and click on change adapters settings nothing happens
one way i have solved this is to reinstall windows 10 just fully format it and wipe the OS seems to fix it for awhile then it starts doing this again
I cant find out what the problem is thats causing this i looked in event viewer and i get errors like this:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000003, 0xffffd00050c49c90, 0xffffd00050c49be8, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 91010ed1-eee9-4b64-a611-94470a50b65c. (i checked that file size and its 1GB)
The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
This network interface has reset 17 time(s) since it was last initialized.The WLAN AutoConfig service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
It just so many errors like this and i just don't know what could be causing these problems
I'm also attaching dx log to see if its of any help.
Have you checked if the OEM has any update? Intel recommends that you contact them first in order to obtain the latest drivers, here is the links: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
If you notice that after trying their drivers the issue still persists, as a second otpion you can try the following:
1. Download and save the latest drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25798/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 file name: Wireless_18.33.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
6. If not necessary, desable Bluetooth* as they share the same antennas.
I have the same problem. The ASUS G551JM-CN234H, 15.6", Intel Core i5 4200H, 2.8 GHz, 8Gb, 1000GB, nVidia GeForce GTX 860M - 2048 MB, DVD-RW. Installed Intel dual band wireless N-7260. Recently very often disables wi-fi adapter. Sometimes for 1 minute sometimes for 5 minutes. In events written by : the network Interface "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" started the reset. During reset of equipment, there is a brief interruption of the network connection.
Cause: the network Driver, discovered that his equipment was not responding.
This network interface was reset 8 times since the last initialization. I understand after you reset the wired adapter, the system reloads all adapters in the laptop.Using the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.4 installed new driver, but after that network ceased to work normally. Every 5-10 minutes the network was gone. Had to roll back the system restore point. Now installed the old driver. At least it works, albeit not consistently.By the way the laptop was bought in Russia. Advise what can be done?
Thanks for getting back to me aleki
I tired both the drivers on asus and intel site for this notebook and still it acts the same
I also removed the driver and fully removing it seems impossible when i scan for hardware changes windows can still see it even after many restart attempts and even safe mode i cant get rid of it to show the yellow question mark
I also tried removing those 3 files in the DRIVERS folder windows could still see the device and its name but no options i also tried using Rapr to forcefully remove the driver that didn't work either
Im really stuck on how to fix this problem
In this particular case, we recommend that you contact your nearest Intel Contact Center so you can have one of our technicians engaged in order to help you this issue. Please access this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support and choose the option that best suit you for live assistance.