Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230 - Start up issues

SMurr1
Beginner

Well what can I say, I purchased this card today, ive installed and downloaded and installed the drivers. Windows is picking up the card, it says all is working properly, and it does, however, I have a massive issue where I cant turn my wireless card on when windows starts (tried both my FN key and turning it on in settings), but I can tell it to turn on in 1 hour and it will.... I'm confused as to what could be causing this as I cant change any settings or find any settings that will keep the card turned on when I do a restart of my laptop.

Just to re iterate on this, when I turn my laptop on, the card doesn't show up as "on" its turned off, I have to tell the settings toturn it on in "1hour" for the wireless card to work, I cant manually tell it to turn on, or to have it on as default when the laptop starts.

As you can see from the screenshot, the wireless part of the toolbar (bottom right) shows its turned on, the WiFi 2 is turned off, then in the background in the settings the WiFi is turned on but the option is to turn on manually. The WiFi option on my keyboard changes the laptop into or out from flight mode. I have tried to reinstall the drivers for my keyboard but this doesn't change.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated as I'm now confused as to what I can do next.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi NeptuneShaun,

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with the startup problems.

We would like you to know that this adapter is in end of interactive support status. Also, there are no drivers available for Windows(R) 10.

Please bear in mind that Intel(R) doesn't support Wireless Integrations or Upgrades, we advise you to contact the manufacturer of your system in order to get the proper information about a good replacement for the adapter. Modifying the wireless adapter may be illegal or can cause you installation errors, booting issues or software problems too.

-https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade -intel.com

-https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter? -intel.com

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos