I have a Toshiba Satellite P855-S5200 laptop with Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2200
And I have tried many drivers for this wireless card over the years and it is the slowest wireless card ever.
I am running windows 8 64 bit and Have 100mbps internet. I have other brand laptops in the house that speedtest to like 99mbps no problem but this one will only get to around 19mbps..
According to the picture provided, the driver version used is the 184.108.40.206. Please verify with your computer manufacturer if they have a later version first and then updated it. You a find your computer manufacturer contact information here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
Alternatively, you can also use our generic drivers for Windows* 8 found in our donwload center. For your convenience, here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24863/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 8* File name: Wireless_17.16.0_e64.exe. If possible, try a clean installation. Here is how you can do it:
1. Download and save the driver from the link informed above.
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall the current "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless N-2200 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
We have not heard from you in a while. We would like to know if the troubleshooting steps sent to you on April 20, 2016 helped you resolving the issue. Please let us know at your earliest convenience.