Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Bluetooth Error

idata
Employee

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Windows info:

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.483

64-bit

Device Type: Bluetooth

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Device Status:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Driver Date: 4/7/2017

Driver Version: 19.60.0.3

Device Instance Path: USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A\5&B4AB185&0&13

Hardware Ids:

USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A&REV_0001

USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A

Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}

Driver key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}\0000

Driver node strong name: oem2.inf:077b9133c55ee391:ibtusb:19.60.0.3:usb\vid_8087&pid_0a2a

Attempted troubleshooting:

Uninstall - Remove Driver - Reboot

Uninstall - Remove Driver - Install https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26924/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10-?product=72252 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10* Driver Date: 5/17/2017 Driver Version: 19.51.2.4

Uninstall - Remove Driver - use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26779/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10* - Scan for changes - Detected - Cycles between Working/Not working for short period of time before stopping at error code 10

In Windows 10 Services - enabled as Automatic (Delayed Start) formerly Manual: Bluetooth Handsfree Service and Bluetooth Support Service (just in case it was a service not starting issue)

In all cases, the Bluetooth device shows Code 10 error

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello grymwulf,

As we understand, the Bluetooth* component of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is not working correctly. The Code 10 in Device Manager can be caused by many reasons, please apply the following actions to discard some common causes:

- Check for Windows* updates, and make sure sure the OS has any applicable patches.

- Perform the following steps for a clean installation of the latest Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® drivers:

1. Download and save the Bluetooth* driver obtained from your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support, as second option you can use the generic version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26779/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10-?product=89450 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10* [19.60.0]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth Software.

3. Check Device Manager - Bluetooth, if the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver is installed, proceed to uninstall and delete it.

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older Bluetooth* driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. After the Bluetooth software is removed, you can install the driver you downloaded before.

- For troubleshooting, try disabling or uninstalling the Antivirus software and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please provide the following details:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Was this the adapter that came installed from factory in your PC?

- Has the Bluetooth* controller ever worked well in this configuration?

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel Corporation wrote:

Hello grymwulf,

As we understand, the Bluetooth* component of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is not working correctly. The Code 10 in Device Manager can be caused by many reasons, please apply the following actions to discard some common causes:

- Check for Windows* updates, and make sure sure the OS has any applicable patches.

- Perform the following steps for a clean installation of the latest Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® drivers:

1. Download and save the Bluetooth* driver obtained from your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support, as second option you can use the generic version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26779/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10-%3Fproduct%3D89450 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10* [19.60.0]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth Software.

3. Check Device Manager - Bluetooth, if the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver is installed, proceed to uninstall and delete it.

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older Bluetooth* driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. After the Bluetooth software is removed, you can install the driver you downloaded before.

- For troubleshooting, try disabling or uninstalling the Antivirus software and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please provide the following details:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Was this the adapter that came installed from factory in your PC?

- Has the Bluetooth* controller ever worked well in this configuration?

Regards,

Jonathan B.

Fresh install, fully updated - was installed (clean) via USB from the media creator tool provided by Microsoft

1. Download and save the Bluetooth* driver obtained from your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support, as second option you can use the generic version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26779/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10-%3Fproduct%3D89450 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10* [19.60.0]

As indicated in the troubleshooting steps I outlined earlier that have already been completed - I downloaded the reference drivers and attempted to use them for the install

I have done this already without success

As indicated in the troubleshooting steps I outlined earlier that have already been completed - I have uninstalled (including removing drivers) and reinstalled 3 different times, in 3 different ways

No older drivers are present as this is a completely clean and fresh install of Windows 10 - the only drivers possibly present are the Windows Update versions, or the versions downloaded at either of the two links I pointed out in my original post

The included drivers are version 19.10.1635.0483 - which were superseded by the Windows Update drivers anyway.

As indicated in the troubleshooting steps I outlined earlier that have already been completed - I have uninstalled (including removing drivers) and reinstalled 3 different times, in 3 different ways

- For troubleshooting, try disabling or uninstalling the Antivirus software and check if it helps

I am currently using Windows Defender (built in Windows 10 antivirus solution)

I am unsure if it ever worked, I always after buying a computer do a clean fresh install of the operating system

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello grymwulf,

We checked the information you provided and the SSU log, it seems you are using a desktop PC with the MSI* Z270-A Pro Motherboard, which does not have built-in Wireless connectivity. The Bluetooth* component of this adapter uses USB protocol and WiFi uses PCIe*, both from the same M.2 connector, it will not work properly if the system is not designed to support this feature.

In this case we advise you to contact MSI support, and follow any recommendations they may have.

For further assistance, please confirm how is this adapter plugged to your system, and if your goal is to add WiFi and Bluetooth* to a desktop system, so we can check for further options.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I appreciate your attempt to pawn this off on another manufacturer. But if your device provides both abilities, so it would be your device that is failing to work, or the OS. In this case, I have to assume it is the OS.

The adapter is on a PCI-E card from Gigabyte - GC-W811ACD-I

Since it is powered by USB what I did was just change the USB header that this card was attached to - and for some magical Windows 10™ reason - it started working.

So put that in your bag of tricks - if it is a M.2 connector board that is connected to USB, try swapping the USB header that the board is attached.

Shawn

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shawn,

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved by connecting the cable to a different USB header.

Please understand that we are always willing to help and do our best effort, however, checking with the system manufacturer is always recommended as noted in the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006057.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Wireless Adapters.

We did not expect to see the AC 3165 in the Gigabyte GC-W811ACD-I since it is advertised as a 2x2 adapter and the AC 3165 is 1x1. Nevertheless, we are glad that you were able to solve the issue, and we are sure this will be very helpful for other users as well.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos