I bought laptop Dell Inspirion 7559 with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 card, and i have problem with disconnecting network every 30min - 1h. I was connected to differents network and the problem was the same.
I've tried different drivers (actually i have installed version 126.96.36.199). Can u help me with it?Warning06.07.2016 10:55:35DNS Client Events1014(1014)
Sorry for bad english.
In this particular case that you bought this computer with this adapter already installed, first recommendation is to contact Dell* and report this situation and also check if they have any driver updates that might resolve this inconvenience. You may find your computer manufacturer contact information here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
On the other hand, you can also try a clean installation of the drivers if after using the computer manufacturer drivers you notice this situation still persists. Here is how you can do it:
1. Access this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75442/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160 Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and download the driver according to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 Bit).
2. Then, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if the troubleshooting steps sent previously helped you to resolve this situation. Please let us know as soon as you can.
I did every step that u wrote. Then i call to dell, they change mine wifi card for 3165 next revision, but nothing changed, now they change the mother board and i still have a problem with disconnecting, i don't know what to do. Actually i'm workin on driver 188.8.131.52 cause on this drivers disconnecting me about every 1 hour not 30minutes, any clue what i can do more?
Since Dell* replaced the wireless adapter, please try the latest driver version found in our download center according to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 bit). For your convenience, here is the link: Downloads for https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26094/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 - Package Version: 18.40.4 - The driver version in this package is the 184.108.40.206. If necessary, follow the steps for a clean installation provided in the very first response to this situation. Test the connection and let us know please.
In this case, it is important to check the configurations on the router as well and make sure everything is set in order to optimize your connection. We also advise to contact Dell* for additional support as well. The link provided previously, you may find the contact information for Dell*.
Additionally, you can try the recommended settings available in the link below:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity
Here are other related links that might help you as well:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006042.html Improve Your 802.11n Wireless Performance
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005582.html?wa... Resolving Wi-Fi Connection Issues
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006057.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Wireless Adapters
Let us know if these online solutions helped you with this situation.
We haven't heard form you in a while so we would like to know if the information we have sent you previous helped you to resolve this situation.