Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz network adapter is not functioning properly.

manishks
Beginner

I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and my laptop crashed while playing a game. 

I got these two message in the Event Viewer

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

I have attached the SSU scan report below, along with the answers to your questions.

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues? No
  • When did it start to happen? After Windows 11 upgrade
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update? After the Windows 11 upgrade. I am not sure if my drivers were changed in the process.
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced? Not a new laptop
  • What OS version are you using? Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? Yes
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Yes
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system? Just the upgrade to Win11
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing? No
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Thank you

Manish

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @manishks

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

I appreciate the information provided. 

In this case, perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver

Note: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft update drivers automatically and prevents to do the clean installation successfully. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
manishks
Beginner

Thanks Jocelyn.

I had to do a fresh repair of the system as it kept crashing. Since all applications were removed, and drivers reinstalled along with Windows updates, the problem has not reappeared so far. 

In case it does, I shall try what you have suggested. 

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @manishks

Thank you for your response. 

I am glad to hear that everything is running fine now. In any case, please do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance. 

Since the issue was solved, we will proceed to close this thread now to keep order in our records, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored (You can mention this thread as a reference). 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @manishks

It is worth mentioning that, since the issue was solved by a fresh repair of the system, the issue might have been caused by OS issues. 

If the issue comes back, we suggest you to check with your System Manufacturer to rule out any issues with the wi-fi card. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos