Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 can not start hotspot (W-IFE Direct) in 5GHz

Aleks_9
Beginner

Ноутбук Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G3 ACL

ОС Windows 11 Pro версия 22H2

Возникает проблема («Выбранный диапазон сети не доступен. Выберите другой диапазон и повторите попытку») при создании мобильного хот-спота на частоте 5ГГц.

Notebook Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G3 ACL

Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2

There is a problem ("The selected network band is not available. Please select a different band and try again") when creating a 5GHz mobile hotspot.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

leks_9, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Were you able to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot on this specific machine before?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Aleks_9
Beginner

Hello, Alberto R

Question: Were you able to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot on this specific machine before?

Answer: Yes

Question: If yes, when did the issue start?

Answer: The problem occurred after replacing the Intel module

Question: Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Answer: No

Question: The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Answer: Yes, the wireless card was purchased separately (was Realtek RTL8852BE) recommended by Lenovo

Question: Which Windows* version are you using?

Answer: Windows 11 Pro (10.0.22621 Build 22621)

Question: Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Answer: The problem occurs at home

SSU report attached to this post

Regards,

Aleks

0 Kudos
Aleks_9
Beginner

Hello, Alberto R

Question: Were you able to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot on this specific machine before?

Answer: Yes

Question: If yes, when did the issue start?

Answer: The problem occurred after replacing the Intel module

Question: Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Answer: No

Question: The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Answer: Yes, the wireless card was purchased separately (was Realtek RTL8852BE) recommended by Lenovo

Question: Which Windows* version are you using?

Answer: Windows 11 Pro (10.0.22621 Build 22621)

Question: Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Answer: The problem occurs at home

SSU report attached to this post

Regards,

Aleks

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Aleks_9, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the details shown in the SSU document, currently, the wireless driver version installed in your computer is 22.200.0.6, which is provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax200

It is important to mention that when you install a wireless card on a laptop that is what we called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: board, wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters, antennas, m.2 ports, all those parts need to be compatible for the proper functionality of the Wireless connection. There is also regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration" that you can verify in the following links:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

In the following link, even though it is for Windows* 10, it might give you a hint to try to fix this problem:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029083/wireless.html

Besides that, we also recommend to get in contact directly with Lenovo Support, to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Aleks_9
Beginner

Hello, Albert R.!

The laptop has the latest BIOS version.

I contacted LENOVO, they told me that the problem could be with the driver, or with the module itself, it is also possible that the version of the module itself is different than the one that was tested as compatible.

P.S. There is a lot of information on the Internet that a large number of users have the same problem (there is no way to create a hot post at a frequency of 5 GHz).

P.P.S. Hot post issue still not resolved.

Regards,

Aleks  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Aleks_9, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps suggested previously.

Based on that, we will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Aleks_9
Beginner

Thanks, I'll be waiting for an answer.

I also want to inform you that a router is installed that supports Wi-Fi 6, but the Intel module sees it using the 802.11a protocol.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Aleks_9, I just received an update on this matter.

I just wanted to let you know that we are going to try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® lab. Once I get the results, I will provide all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Aleks_9
Beginner

Hello, Albert R.!

Thank you very much, I will wait for an answer.

I also want to inform you that the purchased module was made in Taiwan (photo is attached)

Regards,

Aleks  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Aleks_9, I just received an update on this matter.

After testing the hotspot feature on Intel® NUC9i7QNX with an Intel® AX200 card from our Intel® lab, we just wanted to let you know that we had no issues whatsoever, the issue was not replicated. We were able to enable the Windows mobile hotspot on Windows 11 22621 using a wifi-6 AX200 adaptor using the driver 22.200.0.6.

Based on that, everything indicates that this is not a driver issue, and actually, it seems this could be related to the "wireless integration" part or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) limitations. So, what we recommend to do next, will be to get in contact directly with Lenovo Support for them to confirm those details and for further assistance on this matter:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Aleks_9
Beginner

Hello, Albert R.!

LENOVO advised to install their driver, the problem was solved but not for long.

0 Kudos