Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 can not start in 5GHz

SergeyEfimenko
Beginner

Hello there. I can not start hotspot in 5GHZ. Can you help please?

SergeyEfimenko_0-1643402598994.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyEfimenko
Beginner

well it seems like ax200 lets hotspot 5GHZ only when recieveng 5GHZ wifi from certain chanels only
i am from Russia and it didn't work for me on chanels 40-48  (theres no limitations in Russia to hotspot 5ghz or any diapazone)

But then i have changed region in my router to north Korea and get able to choose chanel 149, ax200 allowed to hotspot 5GHZ

it is 100% driver limitation by intel

0 Kudos
SergeyEfimenko
Beginner

South Korea ** 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @SergeyEfimenko

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. From the report provided we noticed you're not using the latest BIOS or wireless driver, you'll need to contact the motherboard manufacturer for the BIOS update but for testing you can use the Intel wireless driver version 22.110.1.1:

Let us know the outcome.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos