Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7562 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz card gets horrible Wifi speeds on my new Dell XPS 9520

Exflex
Beginner

Hello,  I have spent more than 20 hours on the phone with Dell as well as having 2 motherboards replaced for my new Dell XPS 9520 laptop and they have been unable to resolve my wifi speed issue.  Dell blames my Google Mesh Wifi which gets me greater than 100mbps download AND upload on a 7 year old Dell Laptop I have as well as my 4 year old Ipad.  These connect via 5g.  

The new Dell has the 6e capability but connects via my 5g router and typically gets only 6-10 mpbs download and .36 mbps upload speeds.  I have taken that laptop and my 7 year old laptop to Starbucks and other retail locations and the much older model gets significantly better wifi in those locations as well.

Dell has tried updating drivers, replacing motherboards, switching device settings, re-installing Windows 11 and the operating system.  Now they just give up and send me the same model as a replacement.  I am on my 3rd brand new Dell XPS 9520 laptop and they all work exactly the same.

Have others had this issue with this Dell configuration and the Intel wireless card I listed in the subject heading?

Please help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Exflex,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211, I will be glad to help.

Please perform the following steps:

Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Exflex
Beginner

Before your initial response to my question, Dell and I decided to part as friends.  I had already returned their laptop and received a refund so I never got to try out your suggestion. I appreciate you answering my query though.  I can't be the only one who couldn't get the brand new laptop's wifi working past a crawl with Google mesh.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for letting us know you were able to solve this with Dell. 

Since the thread is solved, we will proceed to close it now. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos