Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7492 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz causing very frequent reboots.

chrislind91
Beginner

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz causing very frequent reboots. I have been having this problem for at least 8 months now.  A notification comes up and says Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz needs to reboot your computer. I have been to many sites and tried many things including uninstalling it and reinstalling. Nothing ever works for very long. I now have a new computer and after a month of getting it the same thing started happening again. It happens irregularly, but sometimes more often that other times. I usually ignore it, but it has happened 3 days in a row now. I wonder if Intel knows or even cares. My driver for this device is 22.190.0.4, dated 11/23/22.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?  

3. What is the brand and model name of the old and new computer?

4. Does the issue happen with the computer manufacturer drivers or any Intel old drivers?

5. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

6. Have you checked the issue with the computer manufacturer?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
chrislind91
Beginner

The computer that I had when this problem started was an HP Envy laptop, new when I bought it.  I had that for 2 years and the problem started about 6 months before I sold it and bought my current computer which is a Dell 17 9720 laptop. The Dell is about 3 months old now. I added memory and a larger drive to the HP, but otherwise nothing internal has been done to either computer. It does not appear that the HP, or Dell drivers have a part in this.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎1/‎13/‎2023
OS build 22621.1194
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

I always keep my drivers up to date. I did roll back the Intel WIFI driver once and that did no good. I contacted HP and they said contact Intel, and I have not contacted Dell. This is more irritation than anything. All it takes is a reboot and it stops for various lengths of time. I just cannot figure out why it cannot be repaired. I run a VPN which gets in the way sometimes. I turn it off when I need to. I really don't use the WIFI on this Dell often, but when I do it works great. It will go for sometimes weeks and not happen and then happen 2 or 3 days in a row. Been living with it for so long it's like the old computers that would tell you it's time to defrag the hard drive and that would sometimes take a long time, so this isn't so bad.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91, 

Thanks for the information provided. Before we continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Can you take a picture of the notification that you mentioned?

2. Havew you set BIOS settings to default?

3. Can you stop the automatic updates from Windows?

4. Just to confirm, did you perform a clean install of the wireless drivers?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
chrislind91
Beginner

Just had a notification today and did not get to the print screen before it went away. After rebooting I realized I still could have gotten it in the notifications. Maybe next time. Just set the bios to default a few days ago. Had to change what the laptop lid switch was doing. I can stop windows auto updates. I do a manual check for updates every few days. I have deleted the Wi-Fi driver and reinstalled it several times. One time it said it had an update which I hoped was a fix for this problem. But I will turn off the Windows update. Intel's making it difficult to sign in here! 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like this issue and to proceed further I will need the following:

1. Please, try to get a picture of the notification that asks you to reboot the computer.

2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
chrislind91
Beginner

It has not popped up asking for a reboot for several days. I'm sure it will eventually. Likely just have to live with it. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

If you get the notification again, please let us know and take a screen capture of it, if you want to continue with the assistance.

Please provide the SSU report as well.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chrislind91, 

In addition to my last post, I recommend you check this behavior with Dell to confirm that there are no hardware or software issues with their laptop.

Just to let you know, Intel will no longer monitor this thread.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
chrislind91
Beginner

I have had this Dell for about 3 months and the HP I had before this Dell did the exact same thing. It started with the HP about 6 months before I bought the Dell. Still waiting for it to happen again. 

0 Kudos