Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7544 Discussions

Intel Wi-fi 6 ax201 160MHz not working!

denis_wowq1
Beginner

i can't do anything, i get code 10 and 43 everytime, i hate it and i want it to be working again, it stopped working over a year ago and now i got the idea to do this!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I suggest you try doing a clean install. Here is the proper process: 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip forward to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, skip forward to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go back to Step 5.
  10. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  11. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  12. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  13. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  14. Test.

Note that it sometimes takes multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out the old installations, so don't give up on the process. If you get to, say, 10 cycles, stop there and attempt the installation of the latest drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
denis_wowq1
Beginner

i don't see the delete the driver software for this device
mentioned at step 8.

0 Kudos
denis_wowq1
Beginner

it actually says "attempt to delete the drvier from this device" , idk why

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @denis_wowq1  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

If I may jump into the conversation, both are the same options. 

Does the issue persists after the steps provided by Mr. Scott? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @denis_wowq1    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you still need help.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Richard94
Beginner

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue. I have followed the steps but to no avail.

The latest event in event viewer for the device is:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7A70&SUBSYS_00948086&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A3 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem29.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Netwtw14
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Richard94  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand you are having similar issues with your own environment, we recommend you open a new thread describing your issue so we can provide you a more personalized assistance, since you have a different system than the one described in this thread. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @denis_wowq1      

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Happy New Year!

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos