Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Intel WiFi-6 AX201 average power consumption

KedharVisswanathan

Hello,

I am interested in information about the average power consumption of the Intel WiFi 6 AX201 chip. (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/130293/intel-wifi-6-ax201-gig.html)

- I didn't find it on the product page (link above) or the Product Brief in the above link.

- Also, had seen similar questions posted for earlier Intel WiFi modules but couldn't find answers on the community pages.

Guidance on the above question would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KedharVisswanathan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, first, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard where the Intel® wireless card is currently installed?

What is the model of the Intel® processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Is there any particular reason why you need that information?

Are you a developer?

Are you working on a project?

Are you building, designing, or modifying hardware/software?

Are you working with a specific Intel® hardware/software platform?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KedharVisswanathan

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay from my side.

In response to your questions --> I actually don't own any product with the Intel WiFi 6 AX201 solution in it.

I am currently working in the CCG CPE WCS WWAN team.

We were working on some ideas for innovation in one of the Intel organized "Ideation" drives.

We came across this WiFi 6 product and wanted to casually enquire about the power consumption specs I had earlier requested.

So that we could see if it is a potential fit for the innovation idea we were brainstorming about.

If the data can be shared without any required NDA/consent, do let me know. 

Regards,

Kedar

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello KedharVisswanathan, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello KedharVisswanathan, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We will do further research on this matter, if an NDA is needed in order to disclose this information or as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello KedharVisswanathan, I just received an update on this matter.

In this case, for further assistance on this matter, please reach out to your FAE (Field Application Engineer) or your Intel contact in order to gather the information that you are looking for.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos