Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7862 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 211AX

3Fees
New Contributor I

I running an Intel Wifi 6 201AX currently, I understand that 201AX uses Intel proprietary socket M.2: CNVio2 and that Intel 211AX uses the same socket. The CPU is Intel 10500H 10th generation  and that microcode for the CPU is E2. Chipset is Comet lake HM470

My question is will the Intel wifi 6 211ax run with the CPU I have with microcode E2.

I have read it will, yet one is saying depends on the microcode version of the CPU.

Thanks

3Fees

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Hello 3Fees,

After researching about this concern, we can confirm that our Intel Wireless adapters are not dependent on CPU, therefore, our recommendation is ensuring the compatibility details with the device manufacturer (OEM), since they are only compatible with a system designed for the CNVi. 

OEM Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

As well, please check the following article regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

I see from Intel information:

Intel HM470

Integrated Wireless Intel® Wireless-AX MAC

The vendor told me its the CPU microcode is what is important to run the tri-band AX211, it appears that the chipset is involved in this as well from the Intel specification sheet.

The vendor told me also that some of the upgrades using 10th gen Intel cpu's from 201AX to 211AX have not been successful, so he figures microcode is the issue as Intel 11th Gen Cpu's are universally successful.

Intel 10th Gen laptops with hm470 chipset have sold like hotcakes, if microcode is the issue Intel needs to update the microcode like yesterday.

I understand as well to use the 6ghz band one needs a wifi 6e router, not just a wifi 6 router.

Escalate my request for information please,   I request an Intel engineer test AX211 with 10 gen i5 series or all Intel10th gen series with Intel ax capable chipset like HM470, surely a sim can give a fast answer and then backup by hardware tests, Thank You.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello 3Fees,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to provide an accurate answer, I will perform some research. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Thanks I do appreciate it.

Here is a Intel link to specifications of Intel i5 11400H. MSI GF63 11UC-270 Thin, I see it uses the same HM470 Chipset as what I have. My laptop is MSI GF63 Thin 10SC

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/systems-devices/sku/h96613901/msi-gf63-11uc270-thin/specifications.html

Randy

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Here is a SSU scan in case this helps.

Cheers

3fees

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Here is what I believe the vendor is talking about with Intel 211AX NGW, Connector Interface:NGFF Key E (M.2:CNVio2)

Compatible With:

NGFF Key E (M.2:CNVio2)  (do not use for HALF MINI PCI-E)

A computer that requires 10 generations of CPU can be used, and the interface is M.2 CNVio2  

Supported Operating Systems:Windows 10, 64-bit*, Linux* (Linux need 5.2 kernel system above )

It doesn't work on IBM/Thinkpad/Lenovo/HP laptop.

• Support almost laptop with NGFF(M.2) 2230 slot; Samsung/Dell/Sony/ACER/ISUS/MSI/Clevo/Terransforce/Hasee etc(Do not include lenovo and HP,if it can use after rewriting the whitelist )
  • Not support all IBM/Thinkpad/Lenovo/HP laptops.

It appears some vendors have whitelisted the 211ax card in their locked bios,

Mine is MSI, I see too from Intel specification sheet 201ax and 211ax is compatible with windows 11,10.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello 3Fees,

After researching about this concern, we can confirm that our Intel Wireless adapters are not dependent on CPU, therefore, our recommendation is ensuring the compatibility details with the device manufacturer (OEM), since they are only compatible with a system designed for the CNVi. 

OEM Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

As well, please check the following article regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Thank You for the research, answered all my questions.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Update-- I just got a wifi 6  AX3000-Router and set it up online , I'm running WPA-3 now on the AX-Router and WPA-3 on the Intel 201AX card that came installed with this laptop, works well, changing the adapter from WPA-2 to WPA-3 was like fast. AX-Router is set to WPA-2( for legacy devices) and WPA-3, AX is enabled , wifi band 2.4Ghz is set to 600MB/s while Band 5Ghz is set to 1200MB/s etc.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos