Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7532 Discussions

Intel Wifi AX210 cant find any wifi 6 or wifi 6e

Steppenhund
Beginner

Hi, i bought an Intel AX210 LAN Card for my laptop to replace my old LAN Card.

I installed it and actually works fine with 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi Band,

but it cannot detect any 6GHz wifi.

The LAN Card driver is actually uptodate (23.20.0.4), tried Driver rollback, even tried with some

older version drivers and all couldn't detect my 6GHz wifi whereas my mobile phone is already

connected to 6E wifi, so cannot be Router problem.

I tried the properties in Advanced Tab "preferred Band" to 5GHz+6GHz, still wifi6 isnt showing up.

My laptop is running on authentic Windows 11 and its also uptodate.
Please help me to use Wifi 6E.
Here is the information for my laptop:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz

RAM 32,0GB

64 Bit x64 Processor

Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS

Build: 22631.3007

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What's your Router?

0 Kudos
Steppenhund
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Do you have another device that will connect to the router and confirm that the band is enabled and working?

0 Kudos
Steppenhund
Beginner

yes, my smartphone is able to connect 6e and it works fine with it. Just this ax210 cannot find the 6GHz.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm... Likely, your system is not enabling the band because it cannot determine supported locale. I am no expert on what to do about this, so Intel Customer Support will need to step in here and take over the analysis.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Steppenhund, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steppenhund
Beginner

No, my laptop is from 2021.

In attachment i added the Scan report including the 3rd party software logs.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Steppenhund, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We will now do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Steppenhund, I just received an update on this matter.

In the following link, you will find the reason why your laptop may not be able to work with wifi 6 or wifi 6e band:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Based on that, we recommend to get in contact directly with ASUS Support for further assistance on this matter:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Steppenhund
Beginner

Actually my Laptop "Does" recognize the new AX210 and like i said, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz works fine.

Only no 6GHz.

https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/comments/t0ghsc/fix_for_6_ghz_wifi_on_the_intel_ax210/

It looks like a lot others are having same problem, please check the reddit link,

some of them solved it using older version drivers, which i tried too but didnt work for me. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Steppenhund, Thank you very much for your response.

I will confirm those details and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Steppenhund, I just received an update on this matter.

After checking the case, we can confirm, as mentioned on the link shared before, that only the OEM of the computer will be able to further help you on this matter. Please get in contact directly with them for further assistance on this subject.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos