Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wifi Driver Installer shows error failed to parse setup.xml

Jerit3787
Beginner

Hello Intel Community,

I'm having an issue on updating my Intel drivers. Before this, I was having issue that the setup was taking forever to complete itself in stage "Updating Documentation". Then, I thought the installer was stuck. And then, I opened up task manager and force close the installer. After that, I tried restart the installer and greeted with the message "Failed to parse setup.xml". I tried everything from uninstalling the intel driver until it uses the default pre-included intel driver and cannot uninstall further. I have tried to restart my pc but to no avail. I am using Windows 11 currently on my pc and hope to get an answer to this. I've seen other posts about this, but the author didn't reply to the thread, so I'll reopen here to get any further answer

Hope to hear again from you. Thanks in advance.

p/s: I'm not in hurry but I just wanted to see this fixed as I like to keep things updated (for security purposes). And Windows Update does not have the latest drivers currently.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jerit3787

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Is the Intel® Wireless adapter the original wireless card that came pre-installed in your system or did you install/integrate it on the computer?

2- Please provide details about the driver version that you are trying to install. What is the version? What steps are you following to install the driver? Could you please share the link to the driver that you want to install?

3- Do you have the same issue installing the customized drivers from the computer manufacturer (OEM) website?

4- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Jerit3787

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Jerit3787

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos