Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7557 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 9461 Code 10

DominicS
Beginner

On my ASUS VivoBook X415EA, the Wireless has stopped working multiple times now. It happens sometimes right in the middle of watching a youtube video or something, not just after having restarted or made a windows update.

The error is Intel Wireless AC 9461 Code 10 in the device manager. I can reinstall the driver and than everything works again, but it is very inconvenient.

Is there anything I could do? Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DominicS, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, in the link below you will find troubleshooting steps and suggestions in order to try to fix this problem related to error code 10 showing in Device Manager:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/wireless-software.html

If the issue persists after that, then please provide the following information so we can do further research on this matter:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Was the Intel® wireless car working fine before without getting disconnected or showing error code 10 in Device Manager?

If yes, was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DominicS, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DominicS
Beginner

Thanks for checking on me. I could not yet test it but I'll let you know if it worked.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DominicS, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, no problem at all, go ahead, take your time to do the tests and once you get the chance please let us know the outcome. I will be doing a follow-up in a couple of days.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DominicS, I just wanted to check if you were able to do the tests and if you still need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DominicS, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos