I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W541 that was purchased in 2014 and is currently running Windows 10 Pro. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 with Driver Version 22.214.171.124 is installed on this laptop. In the Device Manager, listed under Bluetooth, there is an error symbol next to the Intel Wireless Bluetooth icon. Checking the Properties, there is the following error message:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)
I am fully aware that Intel has stopped manufacturing and shipping the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 product, there are no further driver updates planned for this product, and Intel Customer Service Agents will no longer respond to telephone, chat, community support forum, or email inquiries for this product starting on 06/01/2021.
I would like to know:
- If the error message above is a result of the discontinuation of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 product.
- If this error can cause other errors. For example, my computer will no longer recognize any Logitech Unifying Receivers that allow me to connect my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. The Device Manager shows an error that the USB Receiver is not configured correctly (Code 1), and prompts to update the driver. Attempts to update the driver fail indicating Windows found drivers for the device, but encountered problems trying to install them. Could these be caused by not having the correct digital signature on the Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver?
- If the problems i am experiencing are a result of Intel's product discontinuation, what recourse do i have to resolve them?
- I suggest that you should uninstall the currently installed Bluetooth Driver (this with the error symbol). Next download and install the latest Bluetooth Driver
- There is no link between the Wi Fi AC 7260 adapter and its drivers and functioning of you Logitech Mouse + Keyboard combo. In order to update Logitech firmware and software for this set please download and install Logitech Unifying Software Run this application, click on advanced and check for update.