Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN ProSet+driver v15.0.0.75 = NO DRIVER... AGAIN!

idata
Employee

Yup! After the debacle of v14.3.0.6 I sourced a newer ProSet package from elsewhere. It also has no driver for Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN, so it looks like we're getting no more drivers fro this chipset.

So, shall we roll back?

Looks like the answer to tha is a resounding "NO", coupled with "we've screwed your system now".

I know that v14.2.0.10 has no driver also so I tried for 13.5.0...

After receiving errors about missing MSVCR100.dll files upon trying to start any of the ProSet software, I downloaded yet another MS Visual C++ Redist to add to my burgeoning collection, I now get pointless errors instead, simply telling me to reinstall. Of course - Intel being the pros at this that they are - it has no effect whatsover, nore does System File Checker throw up anything wrong with my system files.

So...

back to 13.4.0.0, which I seem to remember working just fine...

NO! Same errors. It seems they've been introduced for keeps.

Anyway...

Windows sent 2* crash reports on its own accord, relating to the failing ProSet software.

Now I also have an occasional stutter in my audio, and seemingly my mouse, keyboard and others components - as my wireless struggles to work properly.

GREAT WORK! I can only hope your kind are as hopeless at the depopulation agenda you set out to achieve as you are at this.

0 Kudos
0 Replies