I have a HP Notebook 15 laptop. I upgraded my laptop wifi to Intel dual band wireless AC-3160. The wifi is working perfect but bluetooth doesn't work. The bluetooth is not even detected. The drivers for the device are installed correctly but I don't understand why the bluetooth is not detected. My laptop came with only one antenna and I connected it to the main on the wifi card. Please help me on this bluetooth issue.
We will do whatever is within our reach to assist you but, before we go any further, we would like to inform you that HP* may limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters and installing a different one that was not meant for this specific system may cause installation errors.
Our first recommended step is for you to contact HP* in order to find out if your system is fully compatible with this adapter. Through this link:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites you may find their contact information. Please check these other advisory online for further information on this matter:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter? http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wa... Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade
Regarding Bluetooth* specifically, if you are using Windows*7, there are reports of other users that an Windows* update caused a compatibility issue. Please check this online solution if you are using Windows*7. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000022410.html Troubleshoot Issue with Intel® Bluetooth and Microsoft Windows 7* Updates
If this is not the case, on our best effort to assist you. we recommend to try a clean installation of the drivers. It is important that no remaining files from the previous wireless adapter is installed, please search your computer for any remaining files and delete them.
Here is how you can do a clean installation of the drivers. Make sure to choose the drivers according to your OS version ( Windows®7, 8.1 or 10) and architecture (32 or 64 Bit).
1. Download and save the drivers from this link taking into consideration what is informed above: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75442/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160 Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Let us know if the steps above helped you resolve this situation.
We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you. If our suggestions helped resolve your issue, or if further assistance is required, please let us know.