I have a X1 carbon gen 4 with an Intel 8260 wireless chip. I am using windows 7 x64 professional.
I followed the instructions provided by Intel to replace my Bluetooth driver.
/thread/104851 Intel's Windows 7 Bluetooth functionality and Microsoft's KB3161608, Software Update available
- Uninstall the Microsoft KB 3161608/3172605. (Skip this step if the KB is not installed)
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006742.html Uninstall any version of Intel Bluetooth driver.
3. Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26191 Intel Bluetooth® driver for Windows 7* (19.00.1629)
4. Install the new Intel Bluetooth driver.
5. Re-install the Microsoft KB as needed.
I could not get step two to work with Intel Proweireless Driver 19.1.0 installed. In order to get the new Bluetooth driver to install, I had to roll back the Intel Prowireless Driver to version 18.40.2. I did this by using my imaging software to reload the operating system with the older version of the Prowireless software. With version 18.40.2 of the Prowireless driver installed, I was able to use the Intel Bluetooth Driver Install Instructions and get step two to work. Once the Bluetooth driver was updated, I reinstalled Prowireless driver 19.1.0.