As of a few months ago, my internet would randomly disconnect every few hours for seemingly no reason. Since then, I have gotten in contact with windows support, thinking that it was an issue with my PC and not the adapter. However, I happened to have a USB Wireless Adapter on hand from an older computer, and using that made my internet work just fine. However, it's speed is not nearly as good as when I was using the built in adapter, and I would like to fix the adapter still.
Some of the fixes I went over with the Windows Support are:
- Update Drivers
- Did some IPconfig commands such as /flushDNS in command prompt
- Turn off power saving mode
- Reset my router countless times
- and probably some more basic solutions you can find online just by looking up related topic
I am pretty new to this type of stuff, and all help is appreciated. I also attached my report from the System Support Utility tool, as I saw while looking for solutions that people trying to help were asking for a report from it.
Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.
In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:
- Are you having issues only with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
- Is the issue present only in this device?
- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
- Do you have an estimated time for how long it takes for your device to lose connection?
- Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system?
- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
Intel Customer Support Technician
To further clarify and answer your questions one by one:
- I have never used the Bluetooth with this adapter, so I wouldn't know if there was an issue with it or not.
- The issue is only present in this device. It does not happen with my work laptop, phone, or any of the other devices in this house.
- I do not remember the exact circumstances of this. The only reason why I know it is a more recent issue is because when I first built this PC, I played some online games that I was not able to play on previous devices due to hardware limitations. I never had this disconnection problem until this year at most. I built the PC in the fall of 2021.
- It usually takes about an hour or two until my PC disconnects from the internet and I need to manually reconnect.
- This is the original adapter that came with the system.
- Our house actually does have two wifi networks, and it happens on both networks.
I hope these answers are helpful for solving this issue. Thank you for your assistance.
Thanks for the information provided.
I would like to recommend installing the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver (188.8.131.52). Keep in mind that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers. Please, refer to the MSI website for the installation file:
Intel Customer Support Technician
I hope you are doing fine.
I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.
Intel Customer Support Technician.