Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7457 Discussions

Issue with Mobile Hotspot Feature on Alienware R3 M15 - Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w

Radha_Priyadarshan

The Hosted Network feature is not supported by the Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w network adapter. 

Unable to create Hotspot from my Laptop

System Information:

• Laptop Model: Alienware R3 M15
  • Network Adapter: Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200D2W)
  • Operating System: Windows 11

Error Message: "Hosted network supported: No"

Steps Taken:

• I have ensured that my laptop's drivers and firmware are up to date.
  • I have attempted to troubleshoot the issue through the Windows network settings, but the problem persists.

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide guidance on how to resolve this issue or any necessary driver updates or solutions to enable the Hosted Network feature with the Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w adapter. If there are any known compatibility issues or workarounds, please share them with me.  

Radha_Priyadarshan_0-1695045591289.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Radha_Priyadarshan,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do. To have a better view of this issue, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? 

2. Do you have any issues with the Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth?

3. Did the option work before? Is this issue recent?

4. Have you checked this with the laptop manufacturer to confirm if this is related to a system limitation?   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Radha_Priyadarshan

Thank you for the reply, 

The issue is fixed now, I just roll backed to older version of driver which came along with the laptop and now hotspot is working fine. 

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Radha_Priyadarshan,  

I am glad to know that the issue is now fixed after you used the driver version from the laptop manufacturer. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos