Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7561 Discussions

Killer Intelligence Center continually hitting router with "/usr/local/www/ubus" Get Requests

Zeldar
Beginner

I have a pfSense firewall.  The system log shows continuous error events coming from my laptop IP address.  I ran TCPView and traced the errors to the Killer Intelligence Center app requesting an invalid URL over and over every few seconds. 

Here is the error message filling up my System logs:

Nov 7 08:37:16nginx 2023/11/07 08:37:16 [error] 79504#100197: *697 open() "/usr/local/www/ubus" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 10.16.11.165, server: , request: "GET /ubus HTTP/1.1", host: "10.16.11.1"

If I kill the Killer process, the errors stop, so question is: Is there a way to stop Killer Intelligence Center from making these Get requests?  I would like to have the feature running, but do not want these constant errors in my firewall log.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Zeldar
Beginner

I was able to stop the Killer Intelligence Center from generating the errors by putting an outbound block rule in the Windows firewall, but I would prefer to stop the app from attempting these get requests.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ZeldarThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to answer your question and provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was Intel® Killer™ Intelligence Center working fine on this specific machine before without showing the errors in the firewall log?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zeldar
Beginner

Hello Albert R.,

See answers below:

Is this a new computer? No

Was Intel® Killer™ Intelligence Center working fine on this specific machine before without showing the errors in the firewall log? It has always worked transparently.  It was bundled software on the computer and has always run in the background.

If yes, when did the issue start? The issue may have always been there.  Earlier this week, I replaced my Netgate SG3100 firewall with a ProtectLi appliance running pfSense.  When I was looking at the logs during the install process, I noticed the flood of errors that turned out to be generated by the KillerIntelligenceCenter trying repeatedly to connect to the UBUS URL.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem? I switched to a new 64-bit hardware platform (Celeron) to run pfSense because my old 32-bit Netgate SG3100 became obsolete due to BSD dropping support for 32-bit platforms.  No changes were made to my laptop that has Killer.

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? Installed in the computer.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home office environment.

Please note that I think this behavior (by Killer) is by design and my concern is that my pfSense firewall doesn't know what to do with the GET requests, so it fills the System log with error messages.  I would like to disable Killer from continually making these GET requests to the default gateway, in my case, a pfSense firewell.

Please also note that KillerIntelligenceCenter is currently being blocked from making the GET requests to the pfSense firewall by a custom Outbound rule in my Windows firewall.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Zeldar, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Thank you also for sharing the DX Diag report. Please provide the SSU document using the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Zeldar
Beginner

Hello Albert,

I already did that and attached the file to my previous reply.  I ran it again and have again attached a report to this reply.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Zeldar, Thank you very much for sharing the SSU document.

In order for us to try to find a possible solution for this scenario, we will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Ernesto_C_Intel1

Hello Zeldar,

Traffic that you've seen is remnant from previous versions. If the logs still appear after installing the latest version of the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite, I'd like to ask to get a copy of the complete logs for further analysis.

You may download the latest version of the latest version of Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

Regards,

Ernesto C.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Ernesto_C_Intel1

Hello Zeldar,

I'd like to ask if our suggestion helped with the issue you've encountered. 

Regards,

Ernesto C.

0 Kudos
Ernesto_C_Intel1

Hello Zeldar,

This would be my last follow-up. Since you have not responded to my previous message, I'll go ahead and close this case now. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Ernesto C.

0 Kudos
Ernesto_C_Intel1

Hello Zeldar,

To better assist with your concern, it would be best to consult with your Firewall provider as well. 

Regards,

Ernesto C.

0 Kudos