Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7578 Discussions

Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1690i value is False in my Device Manager

bfingers
Novice

I am running a Blade 15 gaming laptop using Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22631.  I don't use this laptop for gaming.  I use for music production.  I need to enable this adapter.  However, when I run the adapter status in Power shell, I get the attached output.  

Physical Adapter:  False

How do I turn my adapter on?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

Have you tried Restart-NetAdapter in powershell ?

Cheers

3Fees

bfingers
Novice

I typed that command into power shell and received this:

Supply values for the following parameters:
Name[0]: 
Name[1]:

I provided the name and the prompt simply moves to Name[1]:

Name[0]: Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1690i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (411NGW)
Name[1]:

I'm unfamiliar with Power Shell, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Is there a series of commands I need to use?  I'm unsure of the syntax.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Here is a link with several methods to enable WiFi adapter:

Enable Wifi Adapter 

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
bfingers
Novice

Hi 3Fees.

Thanks for the link.  I followed the instructions but still no luck.  I've attached a screenshot of the commands and results from Power Shell.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

What router are you using ?

Is this router a 6E router ?

Run Command Prompt as Administrator and type in netsh interface show interface  ,, post a screen shot of the the output.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
bfingers
Novice

bfingers_0-1716497131680.png

Here it is.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

It seems your wifi is connected, yet not to Wifi 6E. To run a Wifi 6E adapter , you need a Wifi 6E router. What this does is connect the wifi adapter to the wifi router at 6Ghz, without a wifi 6E router the wifi 6E adapter would connect to 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz. Wifi 5 AC runs at channel width 80MHz, Wifi 6 and 6E -ax runs at channel width 160Mhz, Wifi 7-be runs at channel width 320 Mhz.  The more channel width, the more devices that can be connected without interruption.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
bfingers
Novice

Ahh.  Ok.  One clarification, though:  The 6e adapter will read as false as long as it is not connected to a 6e router or higher, even though it WILL connect to my current router, correct?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Yes, you got it. Wifi 6E routers are coming down in price,, I see  one on Amazon Linksys 6E Hydra Pro, tri-band router, 2.4,5, and 6 GHz for $99.00. If you can Get Netgear 6E, tri band router and pay for extended coverage, heres why. I have Netgear Wifi 6 router with 2 years extended warranty and paid $40 1/2 off to Netgear for elite or premium service, if the router goes out, they send one in the mail immediately and have prepaid shipping for the broken one to send back, plus you get access to Special Que so that if you have questions or problems you don't have to wait in the regular customer support line when calling their toll free 800 number. Call NetGear only customer support to get in the extended warranty with enhanced benefits. I have had Zero problems, disconnects, etc. NetGear Customer support will also setup your router while your on the phone with them for your end and their end.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
bfingers
Novice

Hi 3Fees.

Well, the plot thickens.  I installed a Linksys 6e tri-band router, but after uninstalling and reinstalling my killer adapter, restarting my laptop, etc., I'm coming up with the following table properties:

bfingers_0-1716786085169.png

Theoretically, I should only have the one killer adapter (the one running at 2.4 Ghz).  I don't understand why I have all the others.  Is this normal, and if not, is there a way to get rid of the others?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

There is nothing wrong. The reason your seeing more than one wifi adapter is that Intel AX1690i has "double connect technology" , so the adapter can connect to two bands at the same time enabling faster downloads ect.  By the way, 2.4Gbps is maximum connection speed and your connected to it.

Intel Double Connection Technology 

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
bfingers
Novice

Ok.  But I'm still getting a value of False, even after enabling the network adapter...

bfingers_0-1716838399828.png

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

What command are you using in power shell ? 

This could be a bug in Microsoft software, if device manager shows "the device is working properly" and  you can send and receive emails, surf the web , get updates and so forth your good to go, irrespective of what power shell shows about the physical adapter.

I'd post this in stack exchange and Microsoft support as its a windows power shell issue and is not effecting the Intel wifi 6e adapter and Linksys wifi 6e router as in power shell itself through Get-Net Adapter, the interface shows present, status is up, and link speed is 2.4Gbps.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
bfingers
Novice

The command I'm using is 

Enable-NetAdapter -Name "Wi-Fi" -Confirm:$false

If this is the right command, then I'll check Microsoft Support.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Its the right command, yet something is wrong with power shell.

Look Here : #5

Power shell 

Once the command is entered it should just return "PS C: \WINDOWS\system32>" waiting for next command.

Maybe someone at Stack Exchange or Microsoft support can shine some light on this. Stack Exchange has lots of people in it working with Power Shell.

The plus side to this you now have Intel 6E adapter connected to Linksys 6E router and evened up the technology.

Cheers

3Fees

bfingers
Novice

Yeah those steps in #5 are exactly what I've been trying.  Thanks for all of your help, 3Fees.  I'll checkout Stack Exchange.

3Fees
New Contributor I

Indeed, Keep up the good work.  Stack Exchange is best bet due to people all over  world using it. When you get an answer post it back to this post. It would be interesting to find out whats going on with Power Shell and why it is doing this.

With the advent of Wifi AX6, Wifi AX6E, newest WiFi be 7 and multi-streams , plug and play has taken a hit with configuring adapters becoming more of  a necessity.

I was reading a post about a Lenovo laptop with  Intel 6E adapter and the person could not connect to 6Ghz band and he contacted technical support, supposedly Lenovo technical support said it was never configured, whether it is a BIOS issue or Board hardware issue or even true is unknown.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos