Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7542 Discussions

Latest driver for intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

ckrause
Novice

Hello,

I´m looking for the latest driver for the Intel dual band wireless-n 7260 for Windows 10 64bit. The official support pages are not available (404). It would be very nice if anyone could tell me a download link. (f.e. url )

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private messages.

...S

View solution in original post

657 Replies
AlHill
Super User

@Juliette   You are using a version of w10  FROM EIGHT YEARS AGO.

Upgrade already.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Juliette,

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

Juliette
Beginner
0 Kudos
golem
Novice

Dear community!

My Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 does not see my 802.11ac router. (It can see 802.11 a/b/g and "n" too but this last one is a bit strange for me because the "n" is not in the advanced properties wireless mode list.)
My current driver is: 18.33.5.1

A read thet Intel does not support the 7260 family.

Has you any solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
golem
Novice
Hi everybody!

I found a solution. Not in my laptop but in wifi router. I have changed b/g/n/ax to b/g/n and here we are, I can see the wifi in the list.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@geog,

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@dean_b,

Invitations have not been necessary to get at my archive for quite some time now (though folks can't see this because the Communities defaults to a threaded display (turn this off in your settings!)).

Use this (open) link to access my archive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Are you using a PCIe carrier card to host this Wireless card in a Desktop PC? If so, Bluetooth support requires a USB cable from the carrier card to a motherboard USB header in order to function.

I haven't seen any issues related to the Bluetooth drivers that might be coming into play here. I might suggest that you use a clean install procedure when installing the final driver releases from my archive. Here's my process for doing a clean install:

1. If you haven't already, download to your PC - but do not install just yet - the 21.10.1 Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist (stay disabled) across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go forward to Step 12.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and uninstall it, choosing (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Repeat step 7 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is not offered (greyed out).
  9. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  10. Repeat step 9 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.
  11. Go back to Step 5.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Note that it sometimes takes multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out the old installations, so don't give up on the process. If you get to, say, 10 cycles, stop there and attempt the installation of the latest drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos