Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7774 Discussions

Lenovo S14 Laptop Wifi adapter not working in rhel 8.8

Chakradhar
Beginner

Hi,

I have recently purchased Lenovo S14 laptop & installed Redhat linux 8.8, wifi is not working in Linux. It has worked in pre installed Windows 11, however i had to install RHEL8.8 for Official use.

See my earlier discussion in the below thread, as requested i have installed Intell SSU and attaching the captured logs here.

URL for earlier thread

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Lenovo-S14-Laptop-Wifi-adapter-not-working-in-rhel-8-8/m-p/1528852/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExONFE5U0c3OVZEU05JfDE1Mjg4NTJ8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw

Thanks,
Chakradhar

0 Kudos
13 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Chakradhar

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      What is the symptom of the issue?

2.      Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

3.      Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

4.      What adapter model do you have?

5.      What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue?

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Chakradhar
Beginner

Hi Isaac,

Please find my answers below.

1.      What is the symptom of the issue?

The error is No Wifi Adapter found, it worked with Windows 11 earlier

2.      Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

Right, this is a new Machine, i have contacted OEM & waiting on their reply

3.      Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

This is the original adapter

4.      What adapter model do you have?

Network controller: Intel Corporation Alder Lake-P PCH CNVi WiFi (rev 01

5.      What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue?

Contacted Linux support & they are saying that few Wifi adapters not working with the RHEL8.8

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @Chakradhar,

I greatly appreciate your prompt response.

I will now initiate an internal investigation to address the issue and will return shortly with comprehensive details.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @Chakradhar,

Following our investigation, we require some additional information to better assist you:

Kindly supply the specific version/distribution of your Linux operating system. You can do this by running the following commands in your terminal and sharing the output:

·      $ hostnamectl

·      # modinfo iwlwifi

·      # lspci

Furthermore, it would be helpful to know if you can reproduce the issue when using Ubuntu.

Additionally, we kindly request that you provide us with the following logs:

·      A comprehensive set of dmesg logs, which can be obtained by executing # dmesg > dmesg.log

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Chakradhar
Beginner

Hi Isaac,

Sorry to reply you late as we won't work on weekends. As requested i have captured the required logs & attaching here. I need to check with my Team whether i can install Ubuntu or not on my Machine as it was provided by the Employer for official purpose.

Regards,
Chakradhar

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @Chakradhar,

I want to express my gratitude for your prompt response. The information you've shared, along with the attached logs, is invaluable to us. We are now ready to delve deeper into our research based on this data. Rest assured, I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Chakradhar,

I trust this message finds you well.

I am writing to inform you that your matter is still actively under review. In a short span of time, we will provide you with an update. We appreciate your patience throughout this process.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Chakradhar
Beginner

Thanks Isaac, for letting me know.

Regards,
Chakradhar

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Chakradhar,

Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

We understand the significance of staying informed regarding the ongoing situation. We regret any inconvenience caused by the extended duration of this process, but please be assured that we are actively engaged in the investigation. We commit to keeping you promptly updated.

Your patience is valued.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @Chakradhar,

Thank you for your patience.

After checking this case with the Wireless team in charge the resolution is the following, From the log detected Intel AX201 card, kernel v4.18 with incorrect firmware "so-a0-hr-b0-72.ucode".

We suggest you update the latest kernel v6.5 with 3 latest firmware iwlwifi-QuZ-a0-hr-b0-77.ucode, Qu-b0-hr-b0-77 and Qu-c0-hr-b0-77.ucode for Intel AX201 version 77.

Find out OEM website Lenovo S14 G3 IAP - Type 82TW, OS and BIOS only supported Windows 7,10 & 11. Refer URL=https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-s-series-laptops/lenovo-s14-g3-iap/82tw/downloads/driver-list.

If the issue continues after updating the latest kernel & firmware then may consider checking with OEM for the Linux support.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Chakradhar

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

From the log detected Intel AX201 card, kernel v4.18 with incorrect firmware "so-a0-hr-b0-72.ucode".

We suggest you update the latest kernel v6.5 with 3 latest firmware iwlwifi-QuZ-a0-hr-b0-77.ucode, Qu-b0-hr-b0-77 and Qu-c0-hr-b0-77.ucode for Intel AX201 version 77.

Find out OEM website Lenovo S14 G3 IAP - Type 82TW, OS and BIOS only supported Windows 7,10 & 11. Refer URL=https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-s-series-laptops/lenovo-s14-g3-iap/82tw/downloads/driver-list.

If the issue continues after updating the latest kernel & firmware then may consider checking with OEM for the Linux support.

Let us know if you still need assistance. Otherwise, we will close the thread.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Chakradhar
Beginner

Hi Issac,

I have downloaded latest 3 firmware updates, but struggling to install this new Firmware, will check with our Linux support team on this. i believe we are so close in resolving this issue. Thank you so much for the support & you can close this thread.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Chakradhar

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Chakradhar,

We sincerely appreciate your patience and collaborative approach during the course of our interactions.

Given your intent to further explore Linux support and your expressed desire to conclude this particular conversation, we are now in the process of closing this thread. Should you require any additional information or assistance in the future, kindly feel free to submit a new query, as this particular thread will no longer be actively monitored.

With warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos